• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Alternator?

Ryan Gruetter

This may be a newb question to ask, but what exactly does the alternator run in a deuce, rather an M35A2? I want to build one of these magnificant beauties, and would like to know the mechanics of them before I build.

KsM715

Ryan, Do you have your own car yet? If not, get one, preferably one thats going to need lots of maintenance and repairs. The best thing I ever did to help me learn was buy my first Jeep when I was 17. Fix it your self or at least get someone that will coach you thru the repairs.

To answer your question, the alt, like WM said, supplys power to all the things that need electricity (lights, guages) and keeps the batteries charged.

Ryan Gruetter

I am turning 17, but i do not own a car yet. my father owns a jeep wrangle unlimited, but everything under the hood is basically covered wth rbber or plastic, and they do NOT want anything touched. Is thee anything that is uncovered that will help me? if not, what can I do to learn more?

kbush

Get yourself a hard copy of ALL the manuals. Then you won't feel like you need to ask a question about a deuce and a half (or M35A2) for the rest of your natural life.

mcmullag

I was always interested in mechanical stuff, growing up I made friends with the older guys in the neighborhood that were working on stuff in their garages or driveways. They were friends for decades and taught me a lot of mechanical stuff and helped me on my projects. After highschool I went to a two year trade school for auto mechanics. Glad I did, learned an awful lot that still helps today. Many folks that are into mechanical stuff will be glad to pass their knowledge on to you. Go to a junkyard, buy an old alternator, take it apart and put it back together. Google on the internet about things you have questions on. Just throwing out some info and ideas. Get yourself some craftsman tools at Sears and start wrenching. [thumbzup]

Flyingvan911

Search for the Wiki Deuce article on this site. It has the Tech Manuals you'll need. The deuce is really simple but is alot of responcibility to maintain because it is so big.

KsM715

If mom and dad wont let you touch their Jeep ask them to buy you a beater. I suggest any CJ from the 70's with be a good starting point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks