• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The antenna

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
If you want it to be. Its really your call since the Military does alot of different things to mount antennas. Theres alot of threads on SS about where, how and why to mount them. Trust me on that. Use the search function at the top of the page and you can sit for hours learning up on them. -Jay

Pinz25086

If you mount it like that and catch it on something, the antenna will snap off (unless you are going backwards). Mine was mounted to the same pole that a convoy light would mount on the back of the cab. Fold the antenna forward and tie it off to the turn signal bracket to keep it low enough to stop the trees from grabbing it. Now if only I had a radio to go with the antenna...

Wayne

KsM715

If you mount it like that and catch it on something, the antenna will snap off (unless you are going backwards). Mine was mounted to the same pole that a convoy light would mount on the back of the cab. Fold the antenna forward and tie it off to the turn signal bracket to keep it low enough to stop the trees from grabbing it. Now if only I had a radio to go with the antenna...

Wayne
If you mount it this way make sure you untie it when your done playing with your truck for the day. The antenna mount on my M818 is mounted like that and its obvious the previous owner (Gov, or Nat. Guard) never untied it. The spring is permanently bent forward.

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Thanks boomer, I have the antennas set at 12 ft from ground to tip to clear the power lines. I've never had an issue with any solid structures or power lines. I do have to navigate past tree branches and what nots that are close to the road. As stated above, when she is parked I undo the antenna tie downs to prevent fatiguing the antenna base spring.

Irv

I believe the proper location is the right front corner of the bed, on the outsice, as depicted. However, that side will hit trees much more than the drivers side, so I'd put it on the other side. Irv

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks