• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The British Army's Warthog

Kyrpolitix

It’s December and I thought I’d do up a special post that honours the brave men and women who served in the British Army during the stabilisation years of Afghanistan post-Al-Qaeda.

After all, this is a special month with regards to both the counter-terrorism operation and its iconic armoured protector, the Warthog.

It was in December 2008 that the Warthog was purchased by the BA, October 2010 that it entered into service. Two years later in December 2010, it hit its first IED incident with fortunately zero fatalities. The Warthog would go on to protect its passengers within from more than 30 IED attacks, with zero fatalities, until 2015 when its operations shifted from one of active combat to becoming transportation for the Thales Watchkeeper UAVs; as per Jane's Military Guide.

Therefore, as we enter the holiday season, I’m sending a salute to the brave men and women from the British Army and their armoured sidekick, the Warthog! If there are any former Warthog operators here, hats off to you and I would love to hear more about your experiences too.

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas to all.

PS: Sharing some inspiring images I found of the BA and the Warthog as well. Feel free to share more!
Screenshot_20211208-191750_Word.jpgScreenshot_20211208-191836_Word.jpgScreenshot_20211208-191810_Word.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks