• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The combined fleet (attn. Kwai)

oilcan

I finally remembered to take the camera to the coal mine for pics of your new tanker, and decided to line 'em up for a group shot.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are all of these Kwai's? That M49 is sweet as heck. I'd be climbing the hill behind it, with it! I know the M275A2 and the 6217 is his!

oilcan

Let's see, the 1009 and 715 are mine, the 726 and 275 are kwai's, the m35 is mine, the tanker is kwai's, and the m200 is mine. There are a few other pieces that belong to me, but they're hulks and I didn't want to drag them out just for pics.

Once I get the go-ahead, that hill will be mine. The owner doesn't nessecarily like folks making a mess of the place.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder is Kwai wants my piggyback adapter to tow the fueler home with the tractor. Kwai?? Oh, wow, that is an M726, at first glance I thought it was a 6217. Are one of those trucks getting driven to the FL rally?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Double H has helped us alot and keeping him happy is a good thing. He has some nice property, that is just a small corner.

Kwai

Thanks for the pics. The m726 will be leaving for Houston this week. Next I can work on the M275/M49 recovery.

Did those tools come in the M49? First time I ever got a bonus with my purchase from GL.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oilcan,

Is that rail-road bed behind those trucks, or is that stone from mining? Looks a little like an old gob pile in eastern Ohio.

oilcan

The tanker did indeed have a groovy surprise for you, Steve. (Man, shoulda held that pic back :wink: )

Mr. 726 is currently on the road heading in a generally westerly direction. How long has it been sitting here? I know it was september, but what year? *chortle*

oilcan,

Is that rail-road bed behind those trucks, or is that stone from mining? Looks a little like an old gob pile in eastern Ohio.

Well, the place was a coal mine up until the 70's. I think it's an access road that got heavy equipment to and from the mine shaft. I did find a few places where railroad tracks still exist, but no signs of it on that particular road. The tipple is still just down the hill from the mine entrance, but it partially collapsed a few years ago. Luckily, it still makes a fine backstop for all kinds of shootin'. Not a good idea to be crawling around inside, though.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I showed the picture of the lineup to my better half. I explained that these trucks belonged to ONE guy. Paving the way, you know....She said: "single?" :roll:

oilcan

Actually, half of the trucks in that pic belong to one guy. But he is about 1200 miles away from them. ;) And unless I'm mistaken, he is married.

Anyways, wimmin generally don't understand this sort of thing. But you ask a lady how many pairs of shoes she has, and whooooaaaah!

pistolnut

Nice tanker kwai! When I was in New Orleans for Katrina, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's department had one of those that the National Guard had dropped off at their command post. They let us come by and get free fuel for our rescue operations. It was a lifesaver until real logistics got spooled up and we had portable tanks for fuel. We shuttled vehicles over there at night to for fuel so they would be ready the next day.

Lots of special rules if you want to really haul fuel or other flammable liquid in it. Call me, I can help if you do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks