• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The deuce and a spray plane

hemichallenger

My wife and I were bringing a couple deuces back home and stopped at a rest area in GA. on 75 and she took these with a phone. At one point the plane was lower than the deuce on the trailer but I have no picture of that. He or she was spraying a cotton field and was enjoying doing it.

Attachments

youngunbd

The folks where I work are spraying rice fields, that plane gets real freakin low and close to various trees, power lines and the earth!

Dangerous job, but very neat. Cool pictures!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have started to use spray planes in my area again. Something to do with the corn crops. People(who don't know any better) were calling the sheriffs office because of reckless flying.

KaiserM109

I believe that is a Piper Pawnee. There is a place in California that uses them for glider tow planes. I do see the spray gear under yours. COOL PLANE!!

Arlyn

waayfast

There is a great video on you tube --"Aerial Crop Dusting: Australia". It shows the action from all angles-- I will try to post the link--if I can't make it work maybe someone more computer savvy can get it on here.

If you like Ag aircraft or are curious-this video is a must see!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks