• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The deuce and the HOA....

So as it come closer to recovery day, I'm trying to do one of two things about my HOA issue where I reside, either 1) hide the deuce in the neighborhood somewhere (okay right, like that will ever happen....) or 2) find a nearby, as in walking distance, business that may allow me to make overnight use of their parking space to store my deuce at night. And before the debate begins about using a deuce as a daily, I've read up on it, nightly reading of posts and the TM's and have found that for myself, it is a doable option (and honestly cheaper than my Bronco).

So short of taking on an HOA that I am NOT a part of (and due to my mailing adress and DL being in Delaware and do not own the house i live in have no voice in) about their restriction of "tri-axle and large vehicles". How would one suggest going about this. I'm trying to cut loose of the bronco (not for sale, giving back to my father for when he retires and no longer has a company truck) and not have to pay anymore outrageos insurance to be a part time driver.

If worst comes to worst, I store it at my mailing address and turnthe bronco into a ferry for myself to my deuce.

Anyone with experience proposing this kind of situation, your input would be highly appreciated, and as always I'm open to a bit of constructive criticism.

James

armytruck63

I thought this was going to be a sad story by the thread title. You are right to be proactive to think about this before you bring your truck home - a lot of people don't. Maybe there is an affordable RV storage place nearby. This works out for a lot of people.

Good luck.

ctmustang

I don't think I would feel to safe leaving my truck at any business overnight regardless of how safe I think it is. The deuce is probably the easiest or one of the easiest to steal. Why not go around and casually during conversation with the neighbors one at a time bring up the subject and see how they feel about it. If you can get the men on your side by promising to take them out on an occasional ride or something that would probably take care of the other side. Just my thoughts.2cents
CT:beer:

I've been thinking about that one as well CT, wanted to deffinatly start with the state LEOS and county mounties in the development (especially the 3 on my street, cauldesac, roundabou tthingamajig....what ever it is) but as it is, my hours dont quite mesh with anyone elses :evil: . Everyone around here either has no life, or just dissappears between the hours of 3-11pm (about the times im home) so that has proved a bit difficult....though quite amusing because of the amount of viable deuce parking during these hours 8).

but the other issue is also my father (whom i reside with and as I said, actually owns the Bronco I drive everyday) he thinks im off my rocker and was first to imform me of the "no tri-axle/large vehicles" bs in this development. I always toss around the Idea of hiding it in the service drive to what I believe to be either generators or water pups just at the end of the main drive (60 paces from my door) i goes back a bit and with the camo paint, the deuce may hide nice, but id have to sneak in and out....and of course the words "deuce" and "sneaky" are polar opposites, so that aint working.

.....did I mention that people around here (elkton MD) are hard to talk to as well? they kinda look at you funny even when you say hi, aside from the state cop, and the guy across the street with the 50,000 boarder collies

Again, worst comes to worst, it gets stored in Hockessing at my mailing address (mothers) where my fuel set-up will be anyway. The centrifuge im buying, and my soon to be step-fathers Biodiesel processor, he needs veggie oil, i need a place to park a truck (possibly) we have a deal in case my issue isnt fixed (okay, not really, but I told him either way im helping him make homebrew diesel for his lawn dozer :-D )

Troll1216

Florida has alot of HOAs (and yes they all suck)!!!

Some of them have onsite RV and boat storage, most of them will require a request to the board to park the vehicle there.

this might be a good time to think about bobbing the truck and going singles, then it is just a really big pickup... (This will also violate the HOA secret police laws) or so they will tell you.

I vote for move to the sticks and have a few more big ugly green things :)

Florida has alot of HOAs (and yes they all suck)!!!

Some of them have onsite RV and boat storage, most of them will require a request to the board to park the vehicle there.

this might be a good time to think about bobbing the truck and going singles, then it is just a really big pickup... (This will also violate the HOA secret police laws) or so they will tell you.

I vote for move to the sticks and have a few more big ugly green things :)
At my current stage of OD fever, idea 1, while cool, is blasphemy to mah ears, lol

idea 2, is comming as soon as im able too

ctmustang

This is funny at least to me! When we bought our land 12 years ago and built our house all was cool. The realtor who was selling the lots forgot to mention about the planned development that was started 1 year after we were done building our house. Well after we moved in I started building my dog kennels and at the sametime building my workshop. Well all was fine but about a month into these 2 projects into the driveway came a new yellow corvette. Guess who! Yeap the realtor-I might include that I grew up with his 2 sons. He proceeded to inform me that I couldn't build the kennels or the workshop/garage. When I asked why he says I wasn't going to need the kennels since I couldn't have a dog outside. I knew something was wrong. Long story short he says remember the paper you signed agreeing to the HOA - laws and I said no because I wouldn't have bought land and built a house if I had to sign such a paper. Well he left PI^&*d off and called 2 hours later to inform me that he had forgot to have me sign the paper. But would you please sign it now-**** no and have a good day. We live way out in the sticks but it doesn't feel like it. It feels greeat to go out about 6:00am on sat. morning and fire up the deuce and let her warm up for 15-20minutes before I leave to go out and mess around. Most of my neighbors are sticks in the mud with the personality of a brick so I don't mind at all.
CT

This is funny at least to me! When we bought our land 12 years ago and built our house all was cool. The realtor who was selling the lots forgot to mention about the planned development that was started 1 year after we were done building our house. Well after we moved in I started building my dog kennels and at the sametime building my workshop. Well all was fine but about a month into these 2 projects into the driveway came a new yellow corvette. Guess who! Yeap the realtor-I might include that I grew up with his 2 sons. He proceeded to inform me that I couldn't build the kennels or the workshop/garage. When I asked why he says I wasn't going to need the kennels since I couldn't have a dog outside. I knew something was wrong. Long story short he says remember the paper you signed agreeing to the HOA - laws and I said no because I wouldn't have bought land and built a house if I had to sign such a paper. Well he left PI^&*d off and called 2 hours later to inform me that he had forgot to have me sign the paper. But would you please sign it now-**** no and have a good day. We live way out in the sticks but it doesn't feel like it. It feels greeat to go out about 6:00am on sat. morning and fire up the deuce and let her warm up for 15-20minutes before I leave to go out and mess around. Most of my neighbors are sticks in the mud with the personality of a brick so I don't mind at all.
CT

****, wish I were so fortunate....I have at least one neighbor I would like to annoy, she has NO idea how to prak ( she must think that jetta is the size of a Mack Granite.....always crooked)

Heavysteven

That's a tough one, if your renting your not going to have much to stand on. HOA will but your land lord on notice (certain amount of time to fix or fine). I would only park it if you can hide it. Out of sight out mind.

Good luck

197thhhc

Parking a deuce in a subdivision with a HOA will probably go over like a turd in a punch bowl. I think your alternate plan of keeping it at your moms is best. You will never win against HOA nazis.

You could also bring it to Ohio and store it in my back yard. I will even drive it around for you to keep everything from seizing up.

I am very fortunate to live wear I do. The only thing my neighbors ask is if They can have a ride when the next project is finished.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks