• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Deuce at work

bigelk50

Cool Pics! I someday will get my hoist put on my truck. I still need a PTO. I always like seeing pics of trucks at work!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mighty helpful to have around the house!

Wild Horse Hans

I never really thought about having a need for a truck this big, but now that I do have one I seem to always need it. It has come in handy so many times.
For the money these are going for right now, they are just about the best deal out there. It costs nothing to have sitting in the yard and is pretty cheap to maintain and operate.
Kind of like the old C-47/DC-3, the last one was built in 1945 and even today it is the best plane around for smaller cargo outfits as it is tough as nails and cheap to operate.
I wish I had bought a Deuce a long time ago.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's exactly why I bought my deuce! good job. If you could tell us what make of dump you have and is it pto or electric. I need a lift heavy enough to dump road rock and firewood. As far as the hay, my wife unloads ours, Right!
Scrapdaddy

Wild Horse Hans

I forget the make and model, but it is electric powered and all the motors and tanks are between the frame rails. I'll let you know make and model as soon as I remember, or go out and lift the bed a bit so I can read it.:-D
The gent I bought the Deuce from said he had lifted loads of rock, dirt,etc and the only time it popped the breaker was with a big load of wet sand.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I forget the make and model, but it is electric powered and all the motors and tanks are between the frame rails. I'll let you know make and model as soon as I remember, or go out and lift the bed a bit so I can read it.:-D
The gent I bought the Deuce from said he had lifted loads of rock, dirt,etc and the only time it popped the breaker was with a big load of wet sand.
I'd like to see some pics of the tank(s) and pump that are between the frames, if possible.

Thanks!

Mt Doom Field Owner

I got my deuce to do the work it was designed for... to haul people around. On my paintball field and they love the thing! Man that dump bed would make unloading players a lot faster!!! :p I, too, look for any excuse to drive it to town for some sort of purpose other than just joy riding (I just need to accept that joy riding the deuce is theraputic and in my health's best interest!) Thanks for the good photos of the lift system. You are correct that these trucks are a "steal" in the prices they go for and in comparison to the amount of work they can do.

Attachments

Last edited:

bigelk50

Mt. Doom that is a good looking truck!! I like your Jerry can. Do you have a safety strap for the back that goes in between the last two?

Mt Doom Field Owner

Yes there is a safety strap and now we have additional straps behind the seats to fill the large gap between seat bottom and back-rest. We also put up the back lift gate before moving the truck up steep grades. I keep a dedicated staff member in back at all time near the rear to keep everyone seated as well. We go through a check list before starting the truck and putting it in gear to move. An outside observer does a walk-around before it moves and it travels on level roadways in 1st & 2nd gears only while "troops" are on board. No one complains about the slow ride because it beats the alternative... WALKING!

The Jerry Can is a joke of course... it's full of kerosene that we use to start camp-fires with... but might get us home in an emergence??? :wink:

Attachments

Last edited:

bigelk50

Thats good I figure that you did have one. It sounds like you are very concerned about safety and with a business (or everyday life) that is good! Sounds like you have taken all of the necessary precautions. As for the slow ride who cares, your in a Deuce:!::twisted:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not to steal Hans' thunder, but here are a couple of additional threads with dump stuff on them.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/3104-dump-conversion.html

There are some pics of mine and discussion of it in this thread as well:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/15325-working-deuce-vol-12-385-a.html

All that being said, I wanna see Hans' setup as well.

Maybe one day we will create a deuce cargo truck dump mega thread with pics of everyone's setup and how they did it. Then members contemplating doing such a project can see all the choices and methods in one place and compare them.

Last edited: