• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Deuce is Home! Finally!

jhuey

As with many of you my day finally came, the deuce is in my shop. I bid on the truck kind of out of a whim, I did not put a lot of thought into bidding on it back in September. I have always wanted one so I just put a bid on one. I had no idea of its condition, I just threw caution to the wind and went for it. It is very much unlike me to do that and I wasn't comfortable with the process. Anyway, the EUC wait and the unexpected hold put on my truck only added to my frustration. Well, I got the "paid in full" email and just before Thanksgiving and the call came to me from GL with a date and time to get the deuce. I quickly decided that I was going to have the deuce trucked up here, 620 miles from Frankfort. I wanted to be part of the recovery so me and a friend drove down to get it. The closer I got the more nervous I was getting, I did not know what shape it was in, and how much trouble I would have if it didn't start. When I saw the truck it looked great, all the tires were new, I mean the tabs were still on the tires! We did a walk through everything looked fine. Went to start her and the batteries (which are new) were too low to fire the engine so I jumped them with the set of batteries I brought. It started in less than a revolution of the crank. I smiled. It was worth it. I had set up the transport with Eric at Hotshot Trucking (two big thumbs up), he had issues with his scedule so he brokered another truck, Joe Bridges, a fellow Michigander and nice fellow. It went like clock work. I loaded the deuce, it was secured and off we went. The only downside was the weather, we were under a winter storm warning and we got a lot of snow. No big deal just an extra hassle. I've got her in a heated shop and I will be cleaning fixing little things, just little things;-). The truck behind mine was another SS members rig, his went easy too, a little oil leak, but a new filter gasket and away went another happy deuce owner (his first too). Hang in there if you are waiting I am here to tell you it is worth the wait, even more so having to deal with all the things not in our control.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scarecrow1

Huey You do know I hate you right.......... LOL just kidding I'm waiting for my day to come and I hope its half as good as your . Good luck and keep the pictures coming ........:wink:

WTFandoffrd

I am still waiting for my paid in full notice from 4678, the guy in the truck behind yours is my dad and his truck with the massive oil leak, he drove the truck home and blew oil everywhere under the truck and on the canopy. Wierd we both sent our paperwork in at the same time and he got is paid in full nov 26 and I am still WAITING. We have the same name so I dont know if that held us up or not, so here I sit ,tic toc tic toc tic toc -I want my darn truck? ya here me!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

jhuey

Waiting for the transport! Second pic is Eric loading at Frankfort than heading out east. I tried to help out out and jump start the off road tractor up front, no go, too cold and not enough amperage, the locals helped out and jumped it (and loaded it). Had a nice experience at Frankfort.

Attachments

jhuey

I am still waiting for my paid in full notice from 4678, the guy in the truck behind yours is my dad and his truck with the massive oil leak, he drove the truck home and blew oil everywhere under the truck and on the canopy. Wierd we both sent our paperwork in at the same time and he got is paid in full nov 26 and I am still WAITING. We have the same name so I dont know if that held us up or not, so here I sit ,tic toc tic toc tic toc -I want my darn truck? ya here me!!!!!!:evil::evil:
:evil::evil::evil:
Your saying your dad had a continuing issue with the oil filter? Hope all ended out ok. It is funny (not funny ha ha) that they were processed at the same time and one went through and yours didn't.

WTFandoffrd

Yea it leaked the whole way home he brought 3 gallons of oil and used it all on the way home, looks like its leaking at the bottom of the oil filter, He changed the gasket before he left out, maybe try it again. I dont know wewill look at it this weekend. The oil leak on the deuce also blew oil all over his F250 the way home he said that was a pretty bid clean up job.Other than the oil leak his truck fired up pretty nice truck overall just waiting on mine now

AceHigh

I think the second truck in the photo of Eric's rig may be my wife's truck. Reminds me of you and your father- I lost 3 trucks by not getting EUCs so I bought a great truck through a SS member. Anyway, my wife bids and hers goes through fine.

I am indeed a tainted person. :-D Anyway, trucks is trucks. Eric took my wife's truck to Greenjeepster's ranch where it will be sent to the mountains soon via Adam with MRT. These guys are all great and make the hobby so much better.

greenjeepster

I think the second truck in the photo of Eric's rig may be my wife's truck. Reminds me of you and your father- I lost 3 trucks by not getting EUCs so I bought a great truck through a SS member. Anyway, my wife bids and hers goes through fine.

I am indeed a tainted person. :-D Anyway, trucks is trucks. Eric took my wife's truck to Greenjeepster's ranch where it will be sent to the mountains soon via Adam with MRT. These guys are all great and make the hobby so much better.
Yes that second truck is yours, the Tractor belongs to Earth and is headed to Vermont.

Over all it is a decent truck. I was not home when Hotshot dropped it so I had to move it out of the street and into the driveway. Started up good, good strong batteries. This morning when they came after it is was cold out (32) and it took some time, but did fire up. (good thing cause MRT does not have a winch)

He is hauling it on a goose neck behind a 1 ton. His truck moved forward the first time they tried to get it on the goose neck and when the trailer fell off of the blocking it whiplashed the pickup about 6 ft forward..... But I loaned them better blocking and told them to engaged the front axle and it went on good the third time:razz:
Have fun with her...looks like a full set of bows and canvase in the bed....oh and the operators manual is floating around under the seat;-)

jhuey

Another Michigander???? Looks like a good truck and uneventful recovery. Nice shop.
It went a lot smoother than I thought. The truck is great, kind of a let down I set aside some time to work on it and now all I have to do is clean it up and replace a stop light bulb:-D. The shop is where I work, we shut down in the winter, (seasonal marina) so the shop open an the management lets us use it throughout the winter[thumbzup].

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks