• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Deuce is Home! Finally!

flyusn99

Jhuey,
I also bought a Frankfort truck (my first), auction 4737. Which auction or date did you get your truck from? Also, how many M35A2's were still up there?
I drove through in November and I counted 80 of them sitting there, just wondering if my truck is all alone there wiating for me to get my paperwork back....
Great looking truck by the way!

jhuey

Jhuey,
I also bought a Frankfort truck (my first), auction 4737. Which auction or date did you get your truck from? Also, how many M35A2's were still up there?
I drove through in November and I counted 80 of them sitting there, just wondering if my truck is all alone there wiating for me to get my paperwork back....
Great looking truck by the way!
The sale was #4678 invoiced on 18SEP. There was a lot of trucks up there. I snapped a pic of a few of them. There was less than eighty, my guess sixty or so. The ones up toward the gate were a little rougher, only saw one not drivable (missing a front wheel). It seemed that there was more gaps up at the top of the hill and below mine they were still packed in pretty tight.

Attachments

Last edited:

flyusn99

Cool, good to know mine isn't the last one. Mine is about 2/3 the way down from the hill. (from the vantage point of your picture it would have been behind you.
Mine was a hard-top W/W, no cover over the back. When I stopped by and climbed under it someone had disconnected my drive-line where it bolts to the front most rear axle. They had used bailing wire to tie the shaft up to the frame so it looks fine from the outside.... Sneaky buggers. Hopefully, they just did that to tow it somewhere and not because the drivetrain is FUBAR, but we'll see once I have it picked up...
I'm also having it picked up and transported over to Eastern Surplus to get painted and some other items added...
So I assume the hold on the M35's didn't stop you from picking it up? I'm crossing my fingers that I can get mine without a problem when it comes time... We'll see.
Thanks for the info though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks