• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The deuces are looses

blacktop

I just got 2 m35a2's with winches,my EUC cleared last week and I picked the trucks up the next day. I have never driven a deuce and now I'm im love! I wanted to bob the one I'm keeping but it's to cool the way it is. I dont think it would be any better . I am lucky as both trucks are very nice and run great. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure it out.

Thanks for all the posts I have been able to read , I feel I am fairly well educated at this point on the trucks and am looking foward to learning more. Now I need a 5 ton wrecker!
:-D:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My lone canned message! Congrats!
Educate oneself by reading the TM.s We have made them available free of charge here on Steel Soldiers. Go to the top, click on resources then scroll down to technical manuals. Once there search for TM 9-2320-361-10 and TM 9-2320-361-20 as starters. Right click on them and save them to your computer for best results. The -10 is the operators and the -20 is the unit maintenance manual. You can also grab the TM 9-2320-361-34, TM 9-2320-361-20P and TM 9-2320-361-34P. That completes that series of TM. All of the 209 manuals are a different series.

blacktop

I was lucky enough to recive all the service data for one truck and manuals for both. I enjoy reading manuals(really) and have leaned alot form them. Pictures are comming!

blacktop

Here are a couple GL pic's, I've been having so much fun messing around with them I havent taken any photo's. I will take some soon. I've driven the tan one to work every day-is this normal?

Attachments

blacktop

Here are some pictures of my tan 1970 with a hercules engine and D turbo. The engine has 400 hrs and the truck has 20'000 miles. It is a very good truck. I added cable operated air tank water drains no more crawling under to drain the moisture. I will get some pictrues of my green one tomarrow as its at my shop.

Attachments

blacktop

Here is the second truck I recived. It is a 1969 with a white engine and a C turbo. There are 700 hours on the engine and 27'000 on the truck. It runs great and even has a couple new tires.There was a hole in the top so I made up a sheet metal cover to keep the birds out.

Attachments