• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The easy way...working on my M870a1

M920

Well....I am working on overhauling my M870a1 lowboy trailer. Since this trailer is very versatile and i use it all the time I wanted to make it even better.
So besides fixing some broken or worn stuff I wanted some ramps on the back so high ground clearance vehicles could be loaded from the rear without having to un-hook the trailer from the truck. I made the brackets so the aluminum ramps of my M747 trailer would fit and could be used on both trailers.
I also narrowed the neck at the front for better clearance when turning. There will be two ramps that fold back up on to the neck when not used.

Here are some pics of the project......a crane sure is handy when it comes to working on the underside..... lol

Soni

Attachments

Josh

Looking good. Always fun working on things trying to improve them.

Also what is that crane? looks like a 10 ton. Got any more pictures of that truck as well?

Last edited:

M920

Looking good. Always fun working on things trying to improve them.

Also what is that crane? looks like a 10 ton. Got any more pictures of that truck as well?

Good guess! It is a 10 ton M123a1 with a Hanson 5 ton hydraulic crane mounted on the back.

I will take some pics and post them when i get a chance....

Soni

rwbrown72

That is very cool! When are you going to post some pics of the inside of the M920 and the "Sleeper" S250 shelter? nopics
I would like to see how it is mounted and how you acess it from the inside. It is too cool!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks