• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Eddie Black M114A1E1 Restoration

wgtactical

I have this (dusty) set-up that was removed from my V100 that I would like to trade toward a RT524 and a R442 in really nice shape, to be included with the Eddie Black resto. Any help is appreciated osmwi@bellsouth.net
Speaker- LS-166/U
Selector- C-375/VRC
Handset- H-33F/PT
Power Supply- AM-598U
Radio-RT-176A/PRC-10

Attachments

wgtactical

We just pushed the power pack out to the dock for a test run. We are making new 3 groove pulleys for the generator and fan shaft since we haven't had any luck finding good ones.

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having just returned from visiting Wgtactical's place to pick up a winch and some other parts for my V100 project, I felt compelled to add a comment here.

Often vehicles look better in pictures than they do in person, however that is definitely NOT the case with this one! Viewing the M114 and all it's bits in person and up close shows just what an outstanding a job is being done. Every piece looked perfect to me, and I looked hard. The quality of workmanship and attention to detail is just awe inspiring.

It was also an honour and a pleasure to meet Wgtac himself, finest kind of gentleman.

Cheers

wgtactical

Thanks for the comments guys :-D

Rory it was a pleasure to have you here, and it's a shame that you live so far away.

Roscoe, when this restoration is completed, it will be little more than a floor ornament here. There will be lots of detailed pictures posted on the net, but it may not leave the house very often as long as I own it.

WPNS421

This is the first time I have seen such an awesome rebuild. Excellent workmanship and attention to detail. It gives us a standard to try and obtain. Eddie Black is proud.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
still batting 1.000, how did you decide which parts of the powerpack got seafoam & which parts got semigloss OD.

wgtactical

Thanks BFR. We have several sets of parts here, some NOS and some take-offs. We basically went with the most consistent colors already on the parts. Also, various photos were a big help as well.
Here are some interior shots.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks