• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The first of my steel soldier collection M105A2 pickup

Galdron

Well,
It was a long trip from Alabaster, Alabama to Oklahoma City to pickup my trailer. I left around 3:00pm on Sunday and arrived in enough time to take a nap in my Suburban before the 7:00AM Monday pickup of the trailer.

Thanks to some advice in the forums I picked up a magnetic tail light kit from Harbor Freight and a pintel receiver in Dallas last week when I was working there.
That was one heavy trailer to slap on that hitch.

She rode home with her tail in the air but the tires were solid and after pulling over for a full inspection once the sun came up she looked pretty good. The cover was new and we removed and folded it, stuffed it in the back of the Suburban and headed out.

The bottom wheels dropped out of the front jack mount and I am looking to take the entire front jack off to rebuild it. I am looking for a manual online to aid that process and some idea of where to get parts for this.

We pulled into the house around 9 pm on Monday 1630 miles round trip. Nice drive but quite long. No issues stopping for towing but she is for the Deuce that I am still waiting my EUC to clear. I bid on the trailer about a month after I won the Deuce but have not seen that clear yet.

I want to thank you guys for all the help I gleamed from the website prior to pickup. I had lots of tools and was thankful I did not need them.
Thread will be updated with pictures soon.

Thanks,
Paul

TIGERFANS2

brought mine home this morning..... maybe 120 miles round trip :)

zero problems though I'm going to suggest adding a 6' step ladder to the recovery list. when one is taking the cover off by one's self it's a LONG stretch up there......

my tongue was light and easy to lift....... with a Hi-Lift........ if I wasn't already married I'd propose to my Hi-lift

M813A1

Congrats on a successful Recovery Trip !! I won and picked up my M105 3 weeks ago from the OKC GL West site !! The people there are very Helpful !!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did you get one from so far away? Redstone has them all the time and they have been going low.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have a spare landing leg for a 105 or 103 but it is not the crank leg. LMK if you are interested.