• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The guy wants $800 for it everything works. Is it worth it?

bubba_got_you

RE: The guy wants $800 for it everything works. Is it worth

It has the m37 winch (works) the 230cid (runs) it comes with 8 tires and rims and an extra radiator the 10’ boom on the front.

m376x6

How old is his wench? Is she attractive and ameniable and willing? Does she come with satisfaction guaranty?
A running 230 is always nice. A good winch with PTO is very valuable. It's probably best you PM me this chaps phone number and address so I can set him straight and make sure he isn't asking too much. :twisted:

Regards,
M376X6

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I personally don't think its worth it. Guess it depends on what parts you need.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a running engine and a WINCH that works, it might be worth it, but I'd still try and talk him down to $500 or $600. It has the axles, rims, etc. on it as well, so if you have a use for it, $800 may be the high end of what I would pay for it....

bubba_got_you

maddawg308 said:
For a running engine and a WINCH that works, it might be worth it, but I'd still try and talk him down to $500 or $600. It has the axles, rims, etc. on it as well, so if you have a use for it, $800 may be the high end of what I would pay for it....
Well I still use my m37 for off road and the extra axles, winch, rims, springs, motor, exc would be nice to have.

ida34

Winch is used to pull you out of the mud.
Wench is the one who cleans the house.

Cheap for extra parts if you have need.

m376x6

Bubba, check out the winch set up carefully. A good clean complete winch set up is worth 1,500 to 1,750 these days. That means winch, PTO, drive shaft, shift lever, bumper halves, extensions, and mounting brackets. These are becoming scarce as hen's teeth. Check the driveshafts front and rear, while not generally expensive, they are a sweet sight come that rainy day when you have plans and that mornings outing damaged one. Check to see if it is an early or late style transmission. If you're not sure which is which let me know and I'll post pics showing the easiest way to distinquish between the two US styles. What accessories are still attached to the engine? These can be a great rainy day shelf item. Does the engine run without smoking? Does it still have the original gas tank that isn't beat to heck and still has the level sender. In this day and age, being able to lay your hands on an easilly obtainable parts truck for 800 is a good deal. Always try to get the seller to come down a little, it never hurts.

Regards,
M376X6

bubba_got_you

m376x6 said:
Bubba, check out the winch set up carefully. A good clean complete winch set up is worth 1,500 to 1,750 these days. That means winch, PTO, drive shaft, shift lever, bumper halves, extensions, and mounting brackets. These are becoming scarce as hen's teeth. Check the driveshafts front and rear, while not generally expensive, they are a sweet sight come that rainy day when you have plans and that mornings outing damaged one. Check to see if it is an early or late style transmission. If you're not sure which is which let me know and I'll post pics showing the easiest way to distinquish between the two US styles. What accessories are still attached to the engine? These can be a great rainy day shelf item. Does the engine run without smoking? Does it still have the original gas tank that isn't beat to heck and still has the level sender. In this day and age, being able to lay your hands on an easilly obtainable parts truck for 800 is a good deal. Always try to get the seller to come down a little, it never hurts.

Regards,
M376X6
thanks i will :wink:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is that a real military a-frame hoist or a homemade unit?