• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The holy grail known as the M101 canvas cover

ReyAce

Okay dudes, I give up. I'm usually pretty resourceful when it comes to stuff like this, but for some reason finding a tan canvas cover for an M101A1 has become an 8-month long process, and I still haven't found one yet. After about three months of searching, I finally made contact with Emily at GMACorporation.com, put my order in for one, got my hopes up, waited, and waited.... and waited. Well when I finally followed up the order after waiting two months, it appears that the GMACorporation has disappeared off the face of the earth. No valid phone numbers, no website, nothing. aua

So I have to ask... aside from finding someone who has an old cover they dont want, (haven't found one yet that was in good condition), what's a guy gotta do to cover his trailer?!? Any help is appreciated!

And because threads suck without some kind of pic for reference... here's a before & after:

391942_10150485988126614_611857886_n.jpg

1272766_10151911771411614_1773368114_o.jpg

Last edited:

ReyAce

I'm preferring canvas out of experience with canvas and inexperience with the vinyl... the canvas breathes, holds up in the Nevada sun, etc... anyone in a desert area prefer vinyl over canvas?

SteveKuhn

I'm taking 'canvas' literally, so try http://www.beachwoodcanvas.com/ They do a lot of WWII vehicles in a light color that is closer tan than green. Not cheap but good color.

I'd also call Dave at WeeBeeWebbing. http://www.odcloth.com/products.html. This page shows a few with the color I'm talking about. He's a good guy. Had a booth at Gilbert last year. He also sells Canvak preservative. I cleaned him out at the show. Better him than Cabella's.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
<p>
I have a NOS vinyl M101 cover in O.D. green on one side, camo on the other, $300.00 firm. I'm bringing it to Tower Park next.</p>

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks