• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Hydraulic Nightmare Has Begun

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Kenny,
Be advised that the M108's big brother the M62 has one crimp on fitting made of unobtainium...dunno about the 108.

Regards,
David Doyle

Mathias

Unobtainium... sounds exotic...

Is it something that can be custom made? The right machine shop should be able to fab an adapter out of a solid billet.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks David. I'd heard that there was some unique end but didn't know which truck it was on. Thus far everything looks like available stuff but only the future will tell. Did you rehose the M62 or are they still original? I'm thinking all but a few of these hoses might just be 53 yrs old. I need to rebuild both cylinders too! Still love the little guy!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I have replaced none of the hoses on my 62. Do you have a copy of the factory (not military) manual for your M108?

Best,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I do David. Its not vey big and done by AW. It even says something about it being and interim manual. I need to scare it up and take a pic of it. Sound right? It even has an extra sheet of paper showing how to mount it on a different truck.. IIRC it covers the 62 as well.

m108

I have had to replace one of the lines on my truck and nobody in this area could match the fitting . I had to remove the hard line and change the fitting on it.Two of the other lines had allready been done the same way in the past before I got it.A friend of mine works for the rail road and he couldn't match it either. Good luck!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Andy. I was looking at those and wondering about them. Oh well, one way or the other I'll keep this old crane lifting.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Kenny,

... not sure if you ever found a suitable protective "sleeving" for your hydraulic hoses on the wrecker, but I stumbled onto the following product - thought it might fit the application.

Claims to protect against - abrasion, solvents, oils, AND UV !!

http://www.pro-tec-toproducts.com/

usual disclaimers apply.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks