• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The infamous Well Nut info

Chrispyny

Hello fellow members. I should have posted when i ran out, but i have been a very busy man. Unfortunately i have run out of well nuts. I have a couple on reserve for myself and a couple on reserve for a buddy who has intentions to get a mep-803a once he'd done remodelling a house he has yet to move into.

It has been a pleasure helping fellow members get the well nuts at affordable, reasonable prices. Frankly, i'd buy a bunch more and continue helping members out, but honestly i work full time, approx 45-60 hrs a week, and it was getting to be almost impossible to find time to get to the post office just to send packages off to members.
I still have many padded envelopes, if anyone wants to start selling them, i'd be happy to send the envelopes your way.
Good luck, god bless.

JohnDGilmer

Yes i need 2 I bought a MEP-803A last week and picked it up on my way back from Ohio Thursday.It has 2.4 hr every thing looks brand new except tank is leaking like a sieve around the well nuts

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I noticed that I have had the drain well nut start leaking on an 805b, the wellnut has a larger shoulder for these larger genny's, the pn for the larger shoulder is Z3816.

The A3816 works to plug the hole for now, but if anyone has leads on a z3816 or more a3816 I am in the market for at least 4 of each.

'stack

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I noticed that I have had the drain well nut start leaking on an 805b, the wellnut has a larger shoulder for these larger genny's, the pn for the larger shoulder is Z3816.

The A3816 works to plug the hole for now, but if anyone has leads on a z3816 or more a3816 I am in the market for at least 4 of each.

'stack
disregard last transmission, the old one just swelled up after closer inspection

Guyfang

Staff member
Can't remember if I have posted this before. This is a list of characteristics of the well-nut

THREAD CLASS2B
FLANGE THICKNESS0 19/100 INCHES NOMINAL
NUT DIAMETER0 3/4 INCHES NOMINAL
NUT LENGTH1 3/50 INCHES NOMINAL
THREAD SERIESUNC
THREAD QUANTITY PER INCH16
NOMINAL THREAD SIZE0 3/8 INCHES
SPECIAL FEATURESSLEEVE MATERIAL IS NITRILE; THREADED INSERT MATERIAL IS BRASS

This is a list of all possible part numbers that will match the NSN: 5310-01-197-1473. This is the replacement NSN for: 5310-01-385-5692, and the CAGE CODE listing of suppliers or manufactures.

0441C0156-2654497
347340/131507707
88-2111230554
88-2284130554
A-381600613
A381607707
MOL-34743007707
WELL-NUT A381607707

This is a list of all Suppliers for the part. Not necessarily the manufacturer.
00613USM CORPSUB OF EMHART INDUSTRIES INCMOLLY FASTENER DIV 504 MT LAUREL AVE TEMPLEPA19560-1410UNITED STATESFORMERLY USM CORP MOLLY FASTENER DIVTEMPLE PA
07707POP FASTENERSA BLACK AND DECKER CO 510 RIVER RD 859SHELTONCT06484-0905UNITED STATESFORMERLY USM CORP SUB OF EMHARTINDUSTRIES INC USM FASTENER DIV
30554DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE PROJECT
54497MARTIN MARIETTA TECHNOLOGIES INCSUB OF MARTIN MARIETTA CORPAERO AND NAVAL SYSTEMS ELECTRONICS PKY ROOM 100 4840Syracuse

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the well nuts that Green Mountain Generators sells, made of buna n (nitrile) to be diesel resistant?
Howdy,
They better be.
BUT, way over priced. 1 well nut from them to your door is something like $21.35

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

The A3816 well nut with nitrile rubber still works fine at both locations. (top of fuel tank for fuel return line, and Fuel drain line)
MEP-802A and MEP-803A have and use 2 of these items.

There is another method that looks good.

A brass bulkhead fuel fitting.
brass bulhead.jpgView attachment brass bulkhead fitting.pdf

A thread Ultimate well nut repair

A little more time consuming, but looks to create a good seal.
Have to reach into the tank with one portion to install.

The A3816 rubber well nut is simply installed from the outside, and squishes out to fill the hole.

Hello fellow members. I should have posted when i ran out, but i have been a very busy man. Unfortunately i have run out of well nuts. I have a couple on reserve for myself and a couple on reserve for a buddy who has intentions to get a mep-803a once he'd done remodelling a house he has yet to move into.

It has been a pleasure helping fellow members get the well nuts at affordable, reasonable prices. Frankly, i'd buy a bunch more and continue helping members out, but honestly i work full time, approx 45-60 hrs a week, and it was getting to be almost impossible to find time to get to the post office just to send packages off to members.
I still have many padded envelopes, if anyone wants to start selling them, i'd be happy to send the envelopes your way.
Good luck, god bless.
I was one of the lucky customers, I bought two sets, one to replace and one to have as an emergency. Well of course you wait till it's to late. I just want to thank you again, it's nice to have the parts in hand when needed.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the well nuts that Green Mountain Generators sells, made of buna n (nitrile) to be diesel resistant?
According to the marking on the four I just bought, NO they are not nitrile, they appear to be neoprene and they are selling them at a HUGE margin.

McMasterCarr has the exact same product for $2.95 each. I ordered a couple from McMasterCarr to compare them to the ones from GMG and they appear identical in every way. Both have numbers on the face of the flange. Closer inspection reveals that the numbers are different per piece and may correspond to a place in the mold.

The materials used in each feel and look to be the same.

Here's the product spec from McMaster: https://www.mcmaster.com/#93495a441/=1bbo3yz

Lesson learned with GMG.....for now anyway.

I'll be dropping one each in separate sealed jars of diesel for a test.

EDIT: The test is under way. Will keep all posted.

Last edited:

NormB

Well, bummer.

I bought two of those from GMG in Oct ‘16 and just checked the numbers on them. #47 and 79.

Packing slip reads “A3816”.

What the heck did I buy? And if those guys are just buying up local stock from ACE or Tractor Supply or somewhere and selling them at an obscene profit and they’re NOT the N-buna/Nitrile types as intended/advertised (they list the NSN), someone wanna get the USPS inspectors involved in looking into mail fraud?

Bought mine as spares along w/ some other stuff. Think I’ll put them in a jar of diesel and see what happens over the next year or so before I actually need to use them, see if they dissolve..

NB

Last edited:

NormB

Doesn’t appear to be from what I’m reading in these posts.

Good tool to use for reactivity/resistance:

https://www.customadvanced.com/chemical-resistance-chart.html?chemical=Diesel+Oil&rubber=NBR

edit: 2111HRS

09BAD4B3-16C6-45D4-BF83-52248FA23BE0.jpg

Well Nuts, pickled in low-sulfur diesel fuel with a bit of Optilube XPD added (‘cause I put it in there).

I love a good science fair project.

I’ll get back to you in a few months, or if black stuff starts settling out or the nuts swell or something.

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

All the ones which I sold, are official A3816 nitrile rubber units. I also received a letter of conformity for the well nuts. Chrispyny had the same ones. :-D

Guyfang

Staff member
Doesn’t appear to be from what I’m reading in these posts.

Good tool to use for reactivity/resistance:

https://www.customadvanced.com/chemical-resistance-chart.html?chemical=Diesel+Oil&rubber=NBR

edit: 2111HRS

View attachment 717161

Well Nuts, pickled in low-sulfur diesel fuel with a bit of Optilube XPD added (‘cause I put it in there).

I love a good science fair project.

I’ll get back to you in a few months, or if black stuff starts settling out or the nuts swell or something.

You know, I did the same thing with coke and teeth, in the 4th grade. Waited one month. I haven't drank a coke since. I will be 64 in 8 weeks. There was nothing left in the bottle but fine power.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks