• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The latest pickup

oilcan

Well, the computer finally decided to forgive my camera and they're talking again, so it's time to post up about the newest addition to the family.

Overall, it's in pretty good shape. So far we've had to replace the soft top, add a cargo cover, and get rid of a nearly new T-Hawk because of a balance issue. It'll get a good cleanup, some tan paint, and a few minor repairs as time permits.

I hope to post up about a twin 818 recovery soon, too!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oilcan, looks good! Be sure to remove that nice cargo cover when wheelin' at Haspin! :wink:

FormerNewMVGuy

The newer ndcc tires are made buy Titan, they are T-Hawks, thats the name on the tire. I also had one that would not spin evenly, so i dismounted it and remounted it, It is better but still not great. I'll probably use it as a spare, on one of my four dueces :D

Srjeeper

That's good to know cause now the only thing unbalanced in my truck is ME.

Thanks Scott - :wink: - and best of luck with the new truck "oilcan".

oilcan

Thanks, gang! The truck really belongs to my pops, but up until the day he drove it home he wasn't afflicted. Now he's starting to get almost as wierd as I am.

That tire is still leaning against the garage waiting for me to break it down for some sleuthing. I can't decide if I'm too busy, or too lazy. Probably the latter.

DH, that's a pretty good idea about pulling off the cargo cover for wheelin'. The way you say that makes me think you might have seen some canvas carnage on the trail. Maybe some dumkopf drove 's truck under a low hanging branch that everyone else missed...

Barrman

Glad to see you are still bringing them home Adam. I have a T-Hawk on mine that is out of balance too. I just haven't figure out which one. How did you figure it out?

oilcan

Hey, in that first pic....is that a dropside tailgate in the CUCV?
I don't know anything about any dropside tailgate! (Shh, gimp will find out I have the thing, and it'll look bad when it ends up in the classifieds;))

The old truck might be getting retired, so the winch will come over from it. This new one is a nicer rig all the way around with the exception of some rusty stake pockets.

Tim, they're coming at me from all directions. There are two M818's at Wright Pat waiting for paperwork. Yup, one of 'em has a winch. :D
My complicated easter egg hunt for a wobbly tire started by pulling all the outer duals off the back and going for a test drive. The shaking went away, so one tire went back on and I took it for another spin. We found the culprit after the 3rd tire went back on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks