• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The LDS-465-1A.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

So where can I manual for the LDS-465-1A engines, I curious to see what are the differences between the LDT and LDS series engines, from the numbers it would appear the block is the same. That is to say both are 478CID and that means it must be fuel injector pump size, fuel injectors , cam shaft and so on that are different. If so it should be a relatively easy operation to make an LDT into a LDS engine.

area52

There is a trouble shooting manual in the TM section. Basic differences are oil cooled pistons, and turned up fuel I believe along with different injectors.

Trango

I have a hard time believing that what you're proposing would be any cheaper or easier than just finding a good, used LDS and swapping it in. You're essentially going to require everything from a good, used LDS anyway.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Trango said:
I have a hard time believing that what you're proposing would be any cheaper or easier than just finding a good, used LDS and swapping it in. You're essentially going to require everything from a good, used LDS anyway.
I didn't say cheaper, just easier perhaps because I already have the block out of the truck and ready to blueprint.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

gimpyrobb said:
I know some people with the LDS injection pumps, should I check on prices?
Not yet, I haven't a clue what I want to do with my Deuce. I have just got cleared to pick up it soon from Drexel Indiana. I'm just spit-balling ideas around to find out what I can do with the standard block to get more HP out of it.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Floridianson said:
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=39
This one has the codes for pumps, one hole or two and shows cc and stuff for the different motors.
Thanks, have you got more manuals linked like this???

ALFA2

On the chance someone may know about this topic, I have a question: was either Allison 545 and or Allison 654 transmissions used in an M35A2, and also what is the phisical size diference as in length, and bellhousing size? I have an Updated LDS465 engine. Please let me know if some one has done this before, or has info on this subject.

Apreciate the help.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

So I was hoping for a LDS but got LDT -465-1D the ad only said 6cyclinder Diesel engine. So I'm pleased with it, but I think Water-Injection would help. Right now I'm getting incredible fuel consumption, so low that is is remarkable, like 12-13 miles per gallon. I know sounds amazing but if the gauge is correct and the tank wasn't overfilled it appears that 168.9 miles on 12.5 gallons of fuel. You can usually get a serious bump in fuel economy so I if used during the high load periods I might be able to squeak out a 14-14.5 miles per gallon fuel consumption. This would be awesome. I'm also thinking about power increase that MW-50 would create under heavy loads, say perhaps an extra couple of horsepower when it needs it would really help.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Right now I'm getting incredible fuel consumption, so low that is is remarkable, like 12-13 miles per gallon. HEHE, mine gets 24, what did you do wrong?

FreightTrain

Banned
as for the injection.Water/Meth is really not the way to go.Good for short burst of power like a Nitros system.Water/meth purpose is to cool the intake air.Chemical Intercooler.Grillin gas or CNG for better fuel mileage....and if your worried about mileage to begin with......You are in the wrong hobby.But with CNG you double your mileage if setup right.Check out last months diesel power magazine.A 1 ton Chevy Maxipad diesel getting nearly 40MPG documented and REAL good power.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FreightTrain said:
.........But with CNG you double your mileage if setup right.Check out last months diesel power magazine.A 1 ton Chevy Maxipad diesel getting nearly 40MPG documented and REAL good power.
Interesting, how much CNG is used in addition to the diesel fuel, how is it stored (at what pressure) and what driving range do you get with the system?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cranetruck said:
The transmission is the 6-speed Allison model TX200-6, only used in the m656/m757/m791 trucks (according to the TM) ca 1969.
BTW what's the top gearratio, axle ratio, and top speed of that big truck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks