• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M35 is Home!

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This morning we (me and my dad) went out to the DRMO at MacDill AFB and picked up my M35A2C. They dont let you drive the vehicle off the base so we ended up towing with my Suburban. The truck did start up just fine and has great brakes but we still had to tow it. Using a military tow bar it actually towed fine - we went slow that is 10 -15 MPH but who cares it worked. From the base to were I will be keeping the truck is only about 2 miles. Aside from it running and the brakes working they had replaced the military batterys with Optima batterys and there were even tools (lug wrench/sockets, jack and flares/triangles) It needs a oil pressure gauge, high-low light, bulbs for rear tail lights, headlights and left front fender (I have one already). The truck has 7500 miles - USAF markings with a AM General warranty date of 5-89 now I have to figure out the year of manufacture.

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
vin number

I noticed that too - looks like I will be installing one. Dont think I will be doing the winch unless all the parts suddenly appear from one source. From the looks of it (vin #) my truck came from the last lot of trucks made.

tjcouch

RE: tires condition

Glad you found this site - I was just about to send you the link! We will have to get our trucks together soon and let them sniff each other's rear axles or something.

sak00

RE: duece

Glad to see another Florida truck. MacDill???? Did you get it on GL?? When?? I have been looking for something close by, but never saw one come up on MacDill? Congrats

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: duece

Yes on the MacDill and GL. The auction was mid September, had to wait for the End Use Certificate to be cleared. They come up there just not as often as other sites.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: duece

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Is it possible to post some of the pictures here my server is guarded by a nazi and most photo hosting sites are not accessible.

Thanks
That's funny.. mine is guarded by Mussolini and the Vichy..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks