• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the neighbor.....

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My neighbor is an older gentleman. He saw my deuce about 3 months ago and fell head over heels in love. He asked me where I got mine, how could he get one etc. He came over tickled pink about two weeks ago to let me know he had just picked his up.

Today he knocks and "wants to show me something".

Apparently, he has spent the last 10 days working his fingers to the bone to get the old girl back in shape. I drove mine over and took some pics.

I now have been shamed into doing all the things I want to with mine. After a couple of hitches offshore, I will begin the resto.

Here is his and mine together. (Mine is the dirty step brother!)

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wow both fine trucks. so am i assuming that we have another SS member here is LA. welcome to the best MV site in the world. Tim

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He doesn't even own a computer, but I have told him about the site and let him know anything I or my network here in CenLa coudn't get for him, S/S could.

It was very rewarding to go over the different functions with him. Explaining how the lights work, different procedures for things etc.

Possibly the funniest part is I was explaining to him that he needed to keep an eye on his tires, not only for pressure, but for loose lugs etc. As I was pointing it out to him, I saw a loose lugnut on MY truck. (Went ahead and got the wrench out and tightened it and checked my others. Found 1 more loose one).

It is very cool to have another deuce owner literally next door. He also picked up a M105 trailer too.

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Color

He actually got a color match from the inside of his door panel. He has his "US ARMY" and white stars on order.

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is tickled by the attention....

Here are the paint codes and mix:

CRO GAL-ARMY-DRAB
CRO GALCP52200

MP THINNER
DRP GAL-481-16

He used 3 gallons of paint total. He did NOT paint his bed as he put a spray in liner.

He alos linered his cab floor, but painted over it.

He mixed 2 quarts of thinner for each gallon of paint. 3 coats on everything except the undercarriage. It got one heavy coat. His vinyl stars etc should be in next week, then I have the honor of taking him to the DMV to get it registered as a historic vehicle (which is actually quite painless as I have already been through the process with my DMV. See link here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/politics-related-mv-hobby/20581-louisiana-m-v-owners.html#post211366)

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great looking trucks. It does look like somebody needs to do A little catch up though. I`m happy for him. You need to get him on your puter for a while. Thanks

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Does me good to see an older feller get into our hobby...makes life well...perfect!!
I liked that pic of him and the deuces...er...was that you?? LOL

Sumoman

Great looking trucks.

You can tell some people are more resistant to the sickness, others succumb almost immediately.. common side affects seem to be buying a truck within 2 weeks, and spending 10 or more days doing what it will take the rest of us months or even years to do.

Tell him he did a great job. And remind him of the rally in Haspin.. may not have a computer but he can come hang out with the rest of us Newbies

OD_Coyote

I salute you kendelrio for doing such a fine job of promoting the hobby!
We need a salute icon symbol thingy for situations such as this.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"It does look like somebody needs to do A little catch up though"
In my defense, I **DID** recently navigate a less than perfect road during a storm and have been out of town in school, so no chance to pressure wash, etc.

"I salute you kendelrio for doing such a fine job of promoting the hobby!"

Thank you. Even though **ahem** my deuce isn't the cleanest or prettiest, I still try to promote the sickness.... ehhh..... hobby the best I can.