• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The New Deuce And I Can't Wait!

mikey

This was how it was when I was in the USMC in the 80's and early 90's (although I was in the air wing, we had truck too). LOL
Not sure how the Army did it.
i was on the rock at mcas futenma 90-91... 1st LAAD Bn (death from below)... what a crap hole futenma was...

im a noob here, but hit me up if u need help... jarheads stick together

197thhhc

Wait, you bought a truck with a bad transfer case that needed to be swapped out?

Wha??? Is there a new, out of the crate unit being put in? Or just another mystery transfer case?

After he 'fixes it' I hope you are not going to drive it home any great distance. I'd tell him you want to see AT LEAST 100 miles on the new transfer to make sure it was done correctly.

"The motor has 45 miles on it since it was swapped at I level Maintenance."

Who fed you this line of horse manure? Level 1 maint is the driver. Any of your drivers TM show how to swap an engine? Unless there is a massive typo? The hours and mileage numbers on the gauges are nowhere near accurate. Unless you have the depot tag, you are really, really taking the bait.

I hope you the best of luck.. I would have RUN from this truck.. unless it was free.
This is the kind of harsh post that drives alot of people away from this site. I dont think this is a good example to set for other members. Just my opinion.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the original post he stated he was buying it from Monkeyboyarmy. He's a straight arrow and he will do OK by him.

oddshot

This is the kind of harsh post that drives alot of people away from this site. I dont think this is a good example to set for other members. Just my opinion.
What I said!

Paul has some GOOD INFORMATION ... but this topic must have violated one of his Pet Peeves.

The Mary Kay Ladies Strike again.

This sh*t happens here ALL the time.

NEVER let an opportunity to be as rude as possible go by.

oddshot

AGE|kshaufl

Sorry guys...did I say something wrong? I didn't take anything personal. Its okay really.

All of the advise here is great!

I also agree...Monkeyboyarmy is definitely a straight shooter. I am a pretty good judge of character and he is good to go in my book.

Ooorah! and Semper Fi. Jarheads do stick together. But when the $#!7 hits the fan and one of the other Armed Force Members are in a Pickel, It's On Baby!

Little older, a lot wiser, and definitely grayer, but still a Marine!

Last edited:

AGE|kshaufl

All we're asking ... just follow the rules:

Fun, Clean, Informative, Educational, Real, Open-minded, FRIENDLY ...

What could it hurt?

oddshot

Yep, that is why I came. Everyone here has great Ideas and are very friendly.

Again I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Thanks guys and gals.

Ken

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Glad to see you had previous experience with them. That means a lot. It's like riding a bike, you fit right back into the seat. Nothing has changed (much) since the 80's. Might have different seat. I added power steering to mine. Getting too old to be torquing on that steering wheel.

Welcome to the site.

AGE|kshaufl

@ Carnac. When I get the VIN info, dumb me didn't write it down, I will forward it to you for the history on the vehicle. I will also be donating to The Gene Vance Jr Foundation. Great Charity!

I will have to look up the power steering stuff too. I know it is one more thing to break but I like it too.

Thanks!

mikey

Glad to see you had previous experience with them. That means a lot. It's like riding a bike, you fit right back into the seat. Nothing has changed (much) since the 80's. Might have different seat. I added power steering to mine. Getting too old to be torquing on that steering wheel.

Welcome to the site.
ehhhh not the best anology... i didnt exactly fit back into the seat but we get your point...

paulfarber

When a new guy says he just bought an MV with a busted transfer case, and he believes that he is getting a near zero time engine that's a red flag. It could be the deal of the decade... most times its not.

Why sugar coat it?

'Sweet ride' and 'transfer is shot' do not belong in the same sentence. That's up there with 'Ran when parked' and 'needs brake work', or 'smokes a little'.

I buy the truck, not the story, nor the 'pleasantness' of the seller
. You get a written guarantee on that mystery transfer case? What if they forget to adjust the X,Y,Z or don't hook up the P,D,Q? How are you going to know when you are broke down and looking at a huge towing bill?

Trucks with blown transfer cases get passed over. That's common sense.

Being helpful is not just about saying 'nice truck'.

Monkeyboyarmy

OK. Guess its time to pipe up. I could care less if he buys the truck or not. Why? Because this is the nicest deuce I've owned in the 15 years I have been collecting. There are 6 other trucks over here that he could have picked from. I told him every detail of every truck and this is the one he picked. He picked the truck, not my bs. When I bought the truck,it was completely empty of all fluids...all! All new fluids.Perfect running truck. It's got a sprag transfer case. I don't mind sprag transfer cases...if they work. This trucks transfer case did not work in forward. I guess I could repair it but why not replace it with an A3 transfer with 4000 miles on it. It is on the way and will be an improvement to the truck. I told him that the govt was probably trying to fix the speedo and put a new one in it with a new gear unit in the transfer case,which is obviously the the wrong ratio since I have driven the truck to parades and shows and have only added 11 miles tothe truck. It will be fixed. Anything else that I didn't cover. Can't wait to meet you Paul. I have an M880 I'd like to sell you...runs with jump.

Attachments

AGE|kshaufl

Thanks for chiming in.

This really is a nice truck and a straight up guy selling it. He did tell me everything stated and then some.

If he were selling anotherone and a friend was looking for one he would be the first on my list.

AGE|kshaufl

I want to give a great big round of applauds to Monkeyboyarmy for this great vehicle. I have looked over everything and this thing is just fantastic. It really is a great truck.

I drove it home almost a hundred miles. It Runs, No Drips, No Errors.

I have already started the projects. I am replacing the boots on the front thanks to Deuceman's site. I am changing all of the fluids and filters (Deuceman's site). I have the seats out and am going to coat the cab with a Bedliner product.

Check out my profile for the pics.

Last edited:

wilber

I have downloaded all of the manuals and am moving one of my old PC's to the garage for quick reference.

I have driven them when I was in the Marines back in the 80's. I fell in love with them then. I drove both the A2's and the A3's. I always preferred a stick but the Allison Tranny is nice too. Picked the A2 because of the Multi-fuel capability.

Like the looks a little better too. Sorry A3 guys. All Kidding aside. They are both really "Sexy Trucks" and am not afraid to say it.

Easy with the sex references. We really don't want to know what you aren't afraid to say... Ha Ha Ha

Seriously congrats on the truck, they are a blessing and they are a curse.

UH-60 Driver

Hey man - congrats on picking up the truck and keep us posted on the upgrades and mods you put on.

I must add.... this post has been very entertaining up to this point!

Now, about that sweet lookin' 880 that's for sale .......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks