• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The New Deuce

73duece

I picked up a 73 wo/w in november since added a winch. I am in the process of swaping the tranny & brakes I added a cargo cover & gun racks.

ida34

I think I heard something but I did't see anything. Pictures please. I am also putting a winch on my deuce. Did you happen to write down the sizes and lengths on the bolts for attaching the winch brackets to the frame rails and bumper. I know I can figure it out but it would be nice to just take a list to the hardware store. PM me if you do have a list.

Welcome to the group and before anyone else has a chance to say it, put your location in your signature. It is a requirement and when you get done with that post some pics.

Chuck

73duece

Chuck Iwill be swapping tranys today .If I can figer out how to post pictures I will tonight. I will get the bolt sizes for the winch when I go back to work on friday. Andy

ida34

Great thanks. It would be great to have them all on hand before I start taking off my bumper. I really hate to start a project without all the parts and pieces on hand. All my time then gets eaten up by traveling into town for the one or two parts I forgot to get.

Thanks
Chuck

m35a2cowner

I put a winch on my 35 and went to the expense of getting a number of big long bolts. After I installed then I saw another truck that had a winch on it and noticed that it had only a couple of long bolts (go through metal tubes/brackets) and the rest were all short bolts (hardened) that just went through the frame and the bumper brackets. I then remembered that there were a number of short bolts I took out when disassembling the brackets (bent had to be straightened). Well there went about $35 worth of special order bolts. I asked around and was told that one of the reasons so many short bolts were used is that if one broke you would not loose the clamping force at the top and bottom of the frame/bracket. Sounds like it makes sense (ands saves cents). Anyhow I hope this helps you out. Good luck and if you know where to get those bellows seals on the PTO shift shaft let me know.

ida34

Also try Sarafan in FL. The seem cheaper that Memphis Equipment. If all else fails try memphis equipment.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m35a2cowner,
If you need help with an ebay purchase, contact me via email. I ebay all the time. Buy and sell. IT'S EASIER than you might think. It would take about twenty minutes total. If you win, contact me again and we can set you up with a Paypal account so you can pay for it easily.

The auction listed above has about 2 days and 8 hours left. It's almost 10 pm MST, Thursday, Feb 23, 2006. HONEST, it's easy.

jim

73duece

I got the tranny in thursday it gave me a hard time.I will get the winch bolt size as soon as I get some time. My digetal camera craped out so the pictures will be delayed. I cant work on the truck until monday due to work.Hope to have it up and running thursday.

ida34

No problem. Too cold to work today or tommarow or the day after that or the day after that or the day after that...............

rice

I just purchased a winch kit from Ziggy. Here is a list of bolts he sent me, all grade 8 sae thread
4-5/8"x11"
6-5/8"x1 1/2"
2-5/8"x3"
4-5/8"x2 1/2"
6-1/2"x1 1/2"
16-1/2"x1 1/4"
6 studs to mount the pto 3/8"x1 1/2" std thread one end, sae the other end

red devils dude

rice said:
I just purchased a winch kit from Ziggy. Here is a list of bolts he sent me, all grade 8 sae thread
4-5/8"x11"
6-5/8"x1 1/2"
2-5/8"x3"
4-5/8"x2 1/2"
6-1/2"x1 1/2"
16-1/2"x1 1/4"
6 studs to mount the pto 3/8"x1 1/2" std thread one end, sae the other end
thanks for posting the info, I'm puting a winch on my truck soon this will help a lot.

73duece

Had some snow this past week didn't get much done. I'll get to the brakes this week after that it's just some welding on the J pipe & she should be road ready.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks