• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the new family beater

Broke Down

I have been bugging my dad to get his deuce off his hands for a while, it has just been sitting in one place for years. They have several MV's they use for high line work, I have been cruising one of their five tons around with my kids in the yard, my dad seen how much fun they were having and made a deal with me. Well, this is what I have, I forget the year but it's an A2.

Broke Down

No kidding, I lucked up because all their other trucks have no winches. Hopefully this will be a fun little project, it has a leak in the brakes and I think the governor is giving me a fir because it has an erratic idle.

axlr8

I have also read to run a long trip on some Clean farm diesel, and some injector cleaner and a full can of seafoam. That is the mysterious magic fuel system cleaner around here. So if nothing there works, then go technical and mechanical. I suppose you havve been told to read the TMs because that is how you can start on mechanics of the truck. Best of Luck!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have also read to run a long trip on some Clean farm diesel, and some injector cleaner and a full can of seafoam. That is the mysterious magic fuel system cleaner around here. So if nothing there works, then go technical and mechanical. I suppose you havve been told to read the TMs because that is how you can start on mechanics of the truck. Best of Luck!
That might have been true when off-road diesel was still LSD, but it's all ULSD these days.

axlr8

Well that is a good point patracy! we have off road diesel in town, but if we need some good diesel we run to the marinas about 30 Miles away and get Marine diesel. I dont know how you could fill a duece with the tank setup that marina has...It is at the end of a pier. I see the need to buy a deuce and a fording kit! :D

DieselBob

Congratulations. Very nice looking truck. [thumbzup] Be sure to give the brakes a good going over. Its great to go cruising with the truck but always better to be able to stop when you need to.

Broke Down

Congrats Duke! First thing to check is the engine stop linkage in the IP. [thumbzup]
Thanks Andrew! I did that this morning, I took the cover off to look inside, then I moved the linkage all the way forward and reverse a few times. Once I put the cover back on it runs 10x better but it idles at 1200 rpm now? I asked my dad about it and he told me he adjusted the idle screw? He showed me what it was so I'm waiting for it to get cold because it seems to do it worse then.

Looks like a lot of fun!! My kids love mine! Hope yours can help you "work" on it.
It is a good learning experiance for everyone!
The kiddos have been riding with me this morning, they have huge grins on their face when we ride....haha.

Thanks guys for all the great responses! I do not get offended by people offering help, keep it coming! Now I just need to decide what I want to do with tires, keep the same or just go bigger. I would like a little more speed.

Broke Down

i adjusted the idle screw and it's sits around 800rpm now, the engine will still idle up and down but not much....maybe up and down 200rpms or so.

DieselBob

I have been bugging my dad to get his deuce off his hands for a while, it has just been sitting in one place for years.[/IMG]

i adjusted the idle screw and it's sits around 800rpm now, the engine will still idle up and down but not much....maybe up and down 200rpms or so.
If it has been sitting with the old fuel you might need a couple fuel filter changes as the cleaner breaks loose the crud in the fuel tank and lines.

Broke Down

We just put all new fuel in it after we drained the tank, I do need to change the filters though. I didn't ever hit the fuel shut off housing with carbon cleaner though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks