• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The new guy from Central Calif.

Abert

I just wanted to say hello, and that this site is awsome. I've been lurking around for about a month and a half in the deuce section and also reading the TM's. well thinking that im almost prepaired to start looking for a deuce to purchase and bob i find a decent looking 5 ton while driving to sacramento, so now I'm conflicted. I guess its time to do more reaserch.

Attachments

marcinsandpoint

welcome....:beer: from concord and north idaho.. this is a great place to get help... even for the OD metal addiction there is a 800# for counseling if you need it... you will need it here it is anyway 1-800-buy-more...

Seth_O

...im almost prepaired to start looking for a deuce to purchase and bob i find a decent looking 5 ton while driving to sacramento, so now I'm conflicted. I guess its time to do more reaserch.
Welcome from Sacramento. I went through this same dilemma, and ultimately purchased a deuce. It was definitely the right decision. I am not a big guy (5'9" and 160lbs) and the deuce is right at the edge of my ability to work on just from a size standpoint. EVERYTHING is 2x heavier than it needs to be. Double that to a 5 ton and all the sudden not only is everything heavy, it's too heavy to move by yourself.

Abert

I know that I should have been better prepaired with obtaining info on the truck im my pictures of the 5 ton I found for sale. I would aprecieate any direction to the model number. I am about 2 hours from this truck and dont have time to go climb over it and give it a twice or hundred over-under and around to look at the data plate again.(should have taken a picture)aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks