• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The now M931A1 becomes a 932A1 and gets in the action

hot rod deuce

Well he it is. I got it home last week after a long trip. Picked it up in florida, headed to portsmouth for the 932A2 parts truck, then to adelmans and on home.

I couldnt take it any more, I had to get some gobbs of greese on the fifth wheel plate. Its kinda fun to have a truck I can actualy use AND show.

the first pic is backing one of our rock crushers in to the shop for some quick, and seemingly endless, maitanace. The allsion sure works good and has plenty of "gear" in high range reverse. This crusher puts about 45,000 on the fifth wheel. Im not sure, BUT if i were to guess I would say thats about all you would want to put on one of these trucks.

The other is just moving the step deck around the yard.

If any one has a M932A1 spec data plate im in the market.

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good. The 5 ton tandem is rated at 44,000, but the super singles are only 9000 ea. I think a 931A0 with dual commercial tires could move the weight without fear of blowouts, and having a 'gator come in the cab with you through the soft top. That would hurt.

hot rod deuce

Yeah, I never thought about a gator swinging up into the cab. I wouldnt take it down the road like that. Its way over axle weight any way. I can only scale 28,000 on the tandem with 14" wide tires up here in the land of 10,000 lakes. However, with a shot wheel base and six wheel drive it shure makes a nice yard truck.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck...for what you paid...if you paid anywhere near where Chris was asking originally...you stole that truck. That is easily a $15K truck. I've owned several M939 series tractors and that one ranks right up there. Congrats!

jwaller

does yours have springs in the rear or airbags? I have the same truck more or less and I'm sure I'll be asking you some questions.

hot rod deuce

jwaller, Mine has springs. Dont they all? I did hear a rumor you had air ride. Do you know what brand/model your air ride is?

Have you pulled anything down the road with yours?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks