• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The offical GA SS Rally Multimedia and BS thread.......

Westech

CPL
pics vids to come

Attachments

Westech

CPL

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice job of posting an reverse view of the picture headed down the interstate how did you do that with a digital picure the slow duece in the hammer lane is the give away. Having the break down lane on the left is a tell tale too.... lol had to look at is for a second

Blythewoodjoe

Well I finally have a few minutes to right a little bit. My experience on this trip is a curious one. I had a miserable time during a lot of the trip because I was unprepared for the whole experience. I have learned my lesson on this one.

I was in a hurry far too much of the time. Busted my tail to get up there. Once there everything was great. Got to meet most of you and enjoyed hanging around the pavilion. First mistake was not having a good lunch. I should have brought some food but I had figured on eating in town. The trail ride was OK for the first half. I wasn't too hungry and was having a ball. Then about half way through I started to wish I had eaten a big lunch and began to worry about the bigger trucks. Some of those turns where tight. OCD? I found myself freaking out hoping the end was near. As soon as we got to the end I hauled tail to Helen. Big mistake. I should have asked Joel where was a good place to get a bite and a few supplies. Drove through Helen, what a drag. I finally made it to Cleveland (?) and Zaxby's.

I was driving the truck wide open to try and get back before all the fun ended. Didn't quite make it. I did find out from Clint everybody made it out OK. I was very relieved and now had a full belly. It was at this moment that the trail ride was the coolest thing ever. Funny how us obsessed people think.

I hope we can do it again next year. I will bring lots of food. I have enjoyed the videos on the trail from Kenny. I made a wrong turn on the way home and didn't notice for about 15 miles. That cost me about a half hour. At least now I know my way around up there. All in all a great trip. The truck ran great and that was a real relief. I haven't filled it up to check my mileage yet but it ran hard and fast. I will plan a little more time for travel in the future.

Joe Trapp

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
After having a few days to think about it, I can post this.

It is my sincerest hope that everyone who came not only enjoyed themselves, but felt it was worth their time and fuel to come down. Many of you drove long distances to be with us and I can not tell you how much I appreciate it. Someone ought to give Westech, Catlett, Kenny and Devilman a big toast, as they drove all the way from Wisconsin, Michigan and South Florida. Almost anyone that wasn't from Georgia had a minimum of a 4 or 5 hour drive (heck, Poppop is from Ga and his ride was at least 5 hours).

I thought we had a very good turnout, with a neat collection of vehicles (but not a single Jeep? whose gonna' bring a Jeep next year?).

Westy, my Dad, my buddy David (with the Land Rover) and my g/f were all instrumental in putting out small fires that came up and I couldn't have made anything happen without their assistance. Special thanks to Poppop for running interference with the Park ranger when some folks parked on the grass (that's a no-no in State Parks). And extra special thanks to BFR for finding our trailride and to OD Iron for sponsoring the event (OD Iron paid for our pavillions).

I do not know if next year's event will be in the same place. The park offered some great advantages, but also some significant disadvantages. It is very difficult to find a way to meet the desires and needs of a large group of people.

I hope the trail ride wasn't too bumpy for everyone's tastes. When we did the cookout at my house in '06, it seemed everyone really enjoyed the trailride and there was significant interest in having some kind of an off-road event at this year's Rally. It is extremely difficult to find a good place to go off-roading in Georgia that isn't an axle-busting rock crawling venue.

If I am the one who puts together next years events,I have learned much from this year's exercise and will apply it to the '08 event. I will definitely need a couple of assistants to put out fires as they crop up................ and providing food may be an easier way of getting all the troops fed so as to make time for special interest events, like trailrides.

Again, thank you all for your attendance and if you have suggestions, complaints or whatever, feel free to post or private message me.

Clinto

jkelly66

Thanks to Clint for his contributions to the hobby especially here in the South East as well as to all steel soldiers everywhere that showed up. Although I did not attend this years event I was impressed by the pictures and the videos that you all posted. I am more determined to attend next year than ever. Sorry I missed this years due to work and my other job but I am going to make time next year. Maybe I can play some small part if needed in organization.
John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Jeep

I had a wonderful time. Now that it is over is was much worh the 1597 miles I traveled to attend. I thought the entire event was a blast. I don't know venues up there at all but I'd certainly like to do the mountain again. The thing I noticed (and already knew) is that working from 3 venues made getting anything done on a timely manor somewhat difficult. Taking over a farmers field at the edge of the woods would be one way to accomodate such a large turnout. I think it would be fun to set up a couple of medium tents and do our cooking, hanging out and primitive camping at one spot (if we could find one). The convoy to the trail was equally as fun as the trail ride itself. My hat is off to Clinto, Joel and all the behind the scenes folk who put this event together, also to OD Iron for sponsoring the event. Now it's time for a shameless plug for the FL rally in Feb. If any of you folks from the north (GA) can join is, it should be a really good time. Mike did all that he could last year in time and money to make it a nice event and he is already doing the same this year. I also don't want to be one of 2 US MVs at the event this year. C'mon guys, help a brother out.

Is there any interest in a post event tee for the GA Rally?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks