• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The official 2023 Southeast Military Vehicle Rally information thread (the event formerly known as the Georgia Rally).

BGR

Dod we get enough funds to cover expenses? We are heading out in the AM but I can send some in if needed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
ok, in no particular order:

• Thanks for everyone who showed up, I hope you enjoyed it.
  • Thanks for all the help people gave me (setting up the tent, watching the shirts, etc.)
  • Thanks to Windrock for being awesome
  • Thanks to everyone who bought a shirt and for all the people who donated extra to the event.
So we had some issues this year and didn't have sufficient sponsorship to pay for the event. So I went into the weekend about $4500 in the red. Insurance, Windrock field and porta potty fees, etc. I think I'm currently about $4-500 in the red, which is a billion times better than $4500.

Obviously I'd still like to break even, so if any of ya'll wanna' buy some leftover rally shirts, you can go here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threa...ilitary-vehicle-rally-shirts-for-sale.216711/

I've created a rally multimedia thread: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threa...itary-vehicle-rally-multimedia-thread.216712/

I will have updates for next year in a few weeks.

Thanks everyone

C

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for everything you do Clint! I finally made it back home at about 1700. Pulling that XM1061Eq trailer with my M35A3 and an M151A2 on the trailer is a bit much. Some hills I was actually down to 10 MPH. Twice I had to go to low range. But, it did work out. I had a very good time, as always. Thanks again Drew for sharing your cabin with me - saved us both some money. :D :)

DeMilitarized

Thanks for everything you do Clint! I finally made it back home at about 1700. Pulling that XM1061Eq trailer with my M35A3 and an M151A2 on the trailer is a bit much. Some hills I was actually down to 10 MPH. Twice I had to go to low range. But, it did work out. I had a very good time, as always. Thanks again Drew for sharing your cabin with me - saved us both some money. :D :)
Sounds like you need a MTVR ;). 505Hp and 1550 torque pulled 40klbs on 8% grade and never went slower than 37mph.

BGR

ok, in no particular order:

• Thanks for everyone who showed up, I hope you enjoyed it.
  • Thanks for all the help people gave me (setting up the tent, watching the shirts, etc.)
  • Thanks to Windrock for being awesome
  • Thanks to everyone who bought a shirt and for all the people who donated extra to the event.
So we had some issues this year and didn't have sufficient sponsorship to pay for the event. So I went into the weekend about $4500 in the red. Insurance, Windrock field and porta potty fees, etc. I think I'm currently about $4-500 in the red, which is a billion times better than $4500.

Obviously I'd still like to break even, so if any of ya'll wanna' buy some leftover rally shirts, you can go here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threa...ilitary-vehicle-rally-shirts-for-sale.216711/

I've created a rally multimedia thread: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threa...itary-vehicle-rally-multimedia-thread.216712/

I will have updates for next year in a few weeks.

Thanks everyone

C

Are you green now?

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to say had a great time. Was only able to hang around Saturday but nevertheless had a great time and the weather was perfect. It was good to see everyone new and old and already looking forward to next year. Hopefully next year I’ll be able to camp out a bit. Once again, thanks Clint for hosting and putting that all together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks