• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

THE OFFICIAL WINTER MOD THREAD, I need parts lol!

DrFoster

I'm looking for the winter cover kit for the front of the nose, and also Camo insulated cab and bed canvases.

I'd need a full "kit" for the cab, that would include the bows. Will part-trade for some extras I have, like a hard top, and green vinyl bed canvas, or some of the turbo equipment I have been working on when time permits.

Likewise, is there any info on a good electric element heater for the cab and personnel areas in the Deuces or 5-tonners? When I was in the Marines, we'd just freeze ass and be done with it in the morning, but now that I can use comfort devices, it would be a lot nicer!

Also - anyone local have a good line on chains?

houdel

I bought the grille cover pretty cheaply from George at Vermont Commercial Salvage, vtcsm37@aol.com. He has tons of M35 stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if he had the complete arctic kit. Also bought wheel bearings from him and just bought a complete subdued bridge plate set NIB for $18.

cbvet

I recently picked up a brand new "woodland" camo cab cover. It's a heavy vinyl material with a black mesh lining.
If this sounds like what you need, let me know. I could take some pictures.
I'm looking for a good CANVAS cargo bed cover for my '52 Stude deuce.
Eric

houdel

I could use one of those insulated camo cab covers. We already had 8" of snow this week. Even with the so called "personnel heater" on high, I still freeze my a** off if the temp gets below 40F or so. Any idea of where to locate a REASONABLY priced 3 color camo insulated cab cover? All I have seen are several hundred bucks, out of my budget range at the present time. The wife ran up about $56,000 in medical bills so far this year, so I am suffering from the common Italian disease known as "fundsalow"!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks