• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Ole Grocery Getter

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, today I had to drive the deuce (The Stone Wagon) over to the BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles). Ohio is goofy about the name, I don't know why it's a bureau and not a department....anyway. My 30 day temporary tag expires today 7-1-09, Ohio requires an out of state inspection be performed before a title can be issued to a vehicle not from the state. The out of state inspection is good for 30 days and only consiste of verifying the VIN and mileage, so I figured I would take the truck over to the BMV and get the inspection done before my temp tag expires. Since Ohio will only issue one temp tag per vehicle, I would have to drive it illegally to get the inspection done if I waited for the sf-97 to come back. So I'm hoping that the sf-97 comes back within the next 30 days so I can get the title and license without having to drive it illegally to get anything. As it stands now, I still can't drive it legally after today, but the truck doesn't need to be present to get the title issued or the license plate. So if the sf-97 comes back within 30 days I'm golden!!!

Back to the point of the post, while I was going out, the wife sent me on a store run...you know the kind, milk bread and such. I told her when I got home, "I'll admit it, no matter what I told you I was going to use the truck for, I was lying. It's just a toy"

I had a blast. I was only gone for a little over an hour, but the looks, and waves from the people I passed were priceless. The poor lady at the grocery store who pushed out the groceries (yes, this chain still carries your stuff to your car for you) gave me the wildest looks when we walked up to the truck...I think she thought we were going to stop at the pick-up parked beside me.

I'm really sorry about the quality of the pictures but I only had my phone with me for a camera. The picture of the outside of the truck is barely visable because of the thunder storm clouds moving overhead and low light conditions. The one from inside the cab turned out a little better though.

Attachments

Last edited:

tjcouch

Heh . . . . whenever I have a party at my home people know NOT to ask what to bring, and that they should just show up with some cash.

Once we get a group together, we load up in the truck and all go to the store, each person heads off in a separate directions to get what's needed!

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nah, that little town is only about 6 miles from the house on the back (dirt) roads. It was a fun little trip though.

Now that I have to wait on the sf-97 to come back, I'll start gathering the equipment and pull that tranny out and clean my clutch better than just using brake cleaner.

drgreg, I never really stopped telling myself that I was having fun...just doubted what I was hearing from myself for a little while. But it's all good again...I just listen to what the little voices in my head tell me. :cookoo::cookoo:. The wife told me I needed to mount a bull-horn on it and drive slowly down the street saying "Don't panic, everybody please remain indoors with your doors and windows locked, and await further instructions"

After I adjusted and bled the brakes out over the weekend, that brake pedal is solid as a rock...I like that!!![thumbzup]

Coal Cracker

Yup, I keep telling my wife how well a Deuce would be for getting groceries and such, I forgot about the floors getting hot, but I'lll deal with that bridge when I cross it, wait I know It'll keep that rotissirie chicken hot when I get one once a year[thumbzup]

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
drgreg said:
The sad part is, when Speddmon refers to "The Ole Grocery Getter", I don't think he is talking about the truck.:stir pot:

I can neither confirm nor deny that any such statement was ever made....:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks