• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The PLS is all PUMPED UP Again!

paradeduty

Well, finally got around to tinkering on the PLS to get it ready for the 4th parade(s). Last summer ran into an issue at the end of the TACOM MV Show in Warren, MI. The "purge valve" on one of the three air dryer units did not want to stay closed. Well, after some borrowed tools (for which I was very grateful!), a bit of tinkering, and (as it turns out) a lot of luck - the valve finally wanted to stay closed so she would build air pressure for critical systems. Got her home and just put rebuilding the purge valve on the "to do list" as it didn't seem to be acting up. So got some time and tracked down a rebuild kit and changed the purge valve seat and o-rings. Air built up fine at first, but after bringing it down it would not build up again over 30-40 lbs. Yup - unfortunately it was a bad air pressure regulator. My ace detroit diesel mechanic got a chance by surprise to come out on Friday to wrench. Was hoping it was located remotely as the detroit is packed in pretty tight on the PLS's (as opposed to the HEMTT's) - but no, its on the back of the engine. But Fred is a "never say die" kind of guy, and besides not being able to get the spare tire lift swung back into position (with spare tire) all of the way, he had it all tackled by himself in a few hours. Exciting and welcome call to get while I was on a job that all is well with her. The scouts will be happy to hear that the 4th parade is a go! Sorry, no pictures as I was not there and Fred is all business when the clock is running.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks