• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The power of networking

Sumoman

The power of networking:

Did not know where else to place this so I put it here. BIGELK50's thread on losing his finger while not having insurance (sorry dude) beings to mind what I have seen here plenty of times.. people with no work / jobs and no insurance.

I am suggesting that this post be a place where we as SS members can network through other members to find work / jobs. Since we have international membership This could go well beyond our own borders.

I think with as many members as SS has this would be a great way for people to find those hard to get jobs, retired or not we all have connections.. or even work we need done that a local SS member could do for us personally. On the national level this would be called protectionism but here I would call it good practice.

If we are allowed to do this I would suggest a SOP for the format of looking for work as well as posting jobs.

Let me know if this is something we can / want to do and I will head it up / keep track of it. I can post my personal address to keep the SS clear, and I will be able to directly email employers and potential employees. Yes thay may be posted online anyway, but this way we give SS members a heads up.

Example: I have a BA in management / leadership as well as being 4 classes and a thesis away from my Masters in Emergency management. I would post simple things like travel is OK, if i'd move, etc. Then I would email (in this case myself) potential matches.

Let me know if this is OK and I will take care of it.

maritimer

personally this would be a great idea especially in the current economical situatrion, mayeb if it stays relative to the original topic it can be given its own section

stampy

Amen and as far as I have seen the people on this site in general are hardworking get it done type people, the type employers want!:-D

Sumoman

Again i would be happy to handle this (maybe a little slow:-D) but happy to handle it. I believe that we need to hire businesses and people within our peer groups, call it protectionism if you will but it makes sense to help out the people we know. I may have been on this site for only a few months, but it is obvious there are alot of good people willing to put in a honest days work for pay, and a huge amount of great networking potential.. just the retired Military here is a huge source of names and contacts. Other contacts include LEO's, firefighters, contractors.. we have a potential for both employment and contract work.

Let this thread gain some ground and see what people think, if it goes I will see about getting it up. At this point it would be easy to handle through email.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
[thumbzup]:ditto:work is so slow here, a networking place like you went to do would be great, I know that a lot of my fellower SSers are in the same boat.

Sumoman

Pass the word then, have people post ideas to this thread, and we can pull it together. I for one am kinda excited. Organizing is what i like to do:-D

Sumoman

Plus really our trucks could be for hire.. I know alot of small tow truck companies pay out the arse to buy bigger trucks to haul maybe one or two trucks a month, SS tow trucks could be used, dumpers, etc. Could be many things, lets see how it pans out.. Post ideas, as it grows I will move this to my email.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks