• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Project Truck

maxspeed3

So I've had the truck for a couple of months now and I putting up photos as I work on it.

So far I've added a 90 degree bend for the mushroom.
Sanded and primed the fenders for painting.
Sanded all of the old paint off the wheels, they were all mismatched colors ----painted black

---Soon to come-----

Painting the truck 383 Green and put fresh wood for the troop seats (Cedar 1x4s with new hardware)

I'm working on it whenever I have time, :) I'm not in a rush, if I was in a rush....then it wouldn't be a project :)

Let me know what you think of it!!

Attachments

maxspeed3

Normally on these trucks the mushroom is mounted directly onto the air cleaner, I added the 90 degree bend so in the winter snow and ice won't get into the filter, or if it rains hard water won't get in either. Plus it looks really good once it's painted :)

maxspeed3

Good Looking project. Have fun with it.
Thanks a lot. I spent most of the day today, dropping the trani because the truck wasn't putting the power down. Turns out the clutch is cooked, really glazed over, and the pressure plate is bend to **** too....it was only held on by 1 bolt.......the rest were at the bottom of the bell housing....I don't know how it didn't rip itself appart......

59apache

Chipmaker
Normally on these trucks the mushroom is mounted directly onto the air cleaner, I added the 90 degree bend so in the winter snow and ice won't get into the filter, or if it rains hard water won't get in either. Plus it looks really good once it's painted :)
ah, ok. for that reason i would prefer a snorkel like that... http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/87196-m35a2-ram-air-snorkel.html

or

P1010007.jpg
this is my buddys truck, the snorkel is made out of 4inch waste water pipe...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The upturned intake mushroom is actually an MWO, there was a write up in PS Magazine some years back. Do a search here and more info can be found...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks