• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the proud owner of a MEP-004a.

212sparky

This evening I picked up a MEP-004a. it is in good condition, and with some new filters and oil and diesel will be back in running condition. once i find the cable for my camera i will up load my pictures. i do have a few questions, on the side of the injector pump there is a small handle, does it need to be lock wired down? (It is in my pictures) also on the fuel fill tube there is a white calcium like deposit on the inside, has any body ever had this develop?

Thanks,
Rob

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you figure out what the white stuff is let me know, it's inside my Deuce fuel tank as well.

I suspect some creeping crud.

212sparky

I can use the 15KW at work when we do outages. plus the price was right and when i am out at the farm i can power up the barn all at once instead of doing one load at a time.

212sparky

I have a cable stripping machine that pulls 4 KW plus its support equipment. i can always plug in a heater or two that i have :)

PeterD

also, the landing gear is broken. the crank handle spins and can be pulled out. is this a common problem?
Common? Not sure, but mine was broken. There is a breakdown, and some info on it in the manual (trailer).

You will need a *big* pipe wrench (say 30 inches) to take it apart if you need to get at the guts beyond the top. Once disassembled you will probably find a missing clip for the crank handle, this can be fixed without a full disassembly.

Your stabilizer legs on the back of the trailer are easy to rebuild too... Someone bent the snot out of mine (with a fork lift, I bet) but a couple hours, and some fighting set them right.

Oh, and congrats on being another MEP-004A owner!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Should be an M200. Those have roll pins the break and are easily replaced. Just unbolt the 4 bolts, no need for a big pipe wrench. Bring it down if you can figure it out.

PeterD

If it is just the roll pin, then it is a 'piece of cake.' Mine was more complicated with a part in the lower assembly (hence the need to unscrew the leg from the body) which was 'off'. I can't remember exactly why mine failed, but since repairing, it has been working just fine.

My (M-200) trailer shows some evidence of misuse, maybe even being dropped at some point. Both the landing leg, and the two stabilizer legs were broken. My landing leg mount is very slightly bent too, but I'm going to ignore that minor problem!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Kip and I have parted plenty of these out and sold some others. I have parts at the house for the lower assembly if its something other than the roll pin. I did have to take one of the lower assemblys apart and it was NO FUN! I had the right tools and it still sucked, I bet using a pipe wrench was murder.
Nehog, if you decide you want good stabilizer legs let me know and I'll see what we have left.

PeterD

Nehog, if you decide you want good stabilizer legs let me know and I'll see what we have left.
I think my rebuild was successful, but thanks anyway. One does stick a tiny bit but it works.

The biggest problem was that when it was abused, the bolts that hold the stabilizers on sheered off at the nut end, and the retaining pins bent like pretzels. The pins would not come out until I managed to straighten them (thank goodness for that big six ft steel pick!) and it took a bit of work to remove the bolts, but they eventually came out too... I got new bolts at the hardware store, and drilled them for the cotter pins. Straightened the retaining pins on my anvil.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I sure hope you are planning on bring that to all the rallies. I would chip in money for the fuel just to use it instead of using my little 5500 watt gen to power my camper trailer. Is that a muilt-fuel 4 cycled-er gen unit, or just strait diesel? Oh and if you need any parts for the m200a1 trailer, doc's got four trailers he scrapped out but kept all the usable spare parts just scrapped the frames.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks