• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the proud owner of a MEP-004a.

212sparky

it is diesel and non multi fuel :-( Yes it will be coming to haspin. are we still up for the one in Anderson? Now i will have an air conditioned tent at haspin if needed :razz:. I do need an air tank for the brake system. it rusted out and has been removed.

indy4x4fab

Banned
it is diesel and non multi fuel :-( Yes it will be coming to haspin. are we still up for the one in Anderson? Now i will have an air conditioned tent at haspin if needed :razz:. I do need an air tank for the brake system. it rusted out and has been removed.
Cool, doc has the air tanks, and we should have our m129 camper ready by then, if everything works out right. Your more then welcome to come cook at our camper. Full cooking stove and oven hopefully.

212sparky

LOL, thanks, I am not sure what to do with a full stove. I hope to be there on the first day and be near the shelter and get the gen set and lighting set up and the projector for movie night as well.

indy4x4fab

Banned
We will e there to help too, the first night. The m129 is a tandem axle 10ton 30 foot trailer so me and the m814 will be competing for real-state. Plus she may be rolling on 16r20 super single on the trailer to match the truck, maybe, Height may not work out, as in to tall, at 12'4'' tall with supper single 16r20 on the trailer.

Last edited:

212sparky

Sweet, I can't wait to see this rig of yours! i have some shopping to do at work to get all my power panels and cabling to make this thing how i want it. what are your power demands going to be so i can have a receptacle for you to connect to.

indy4x4fab

Banned
doc's tracking down a power cable for it but I'm thinking I may change out the mil cable concert for a standard all weather RV concerts.

said cord needed nsn 2590-00-104-4572 (cable assy, power, 110v, 50ft (19207) 7096967

Check out page 26 and 231 of the tm for the trailer, you will have to down load the tm from google to get the tm to show up in pdf.

Operator, organizational, direct ... - United States. Dept. of the Army - Google Books

For pics look at post 427 http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/52277-show-us-your-military-trailers-11.html

212sparky

that is a sweet trailer! i am not sure where to get the military connections. I will be getting all set up with civil connections. I may be able to come up with an adapter if you don't have the civil connectors for it.

Keith_J

the 004 will run on diesel, and though not recommended, kero (lubricity issues) and is not really a multi-fuel engine.

VERY important with injection pumps lubricated by the diesel fuel. The multifuel engines have the lower part of the injection pump lubricated by engine oil. The down side to such pumps is fuel leaking into the lube oil is a risk.

Keith_J

Most ULSD is fine for lower pressure (3000 PSI and lower) diesel engines. It is the more modern 10k PSI and up systems which are failing from ULSD. I know some manufacturers are having problems with 20k PSI common rail high pressure fuel pumps failing.

For insurance, nothing is more economical than two-stroke engine oil added to the diesel. 1-2 ounces per gallon works great. Look for seasonal sales and stock up.

indy4x4fab

Banned
that is a sweet trailer! i am not sure where to get the military connections. I will be getting all set up with civil connections. I may be able to come up with an adapter if you don't have the civil connectors for it.
I think I'm just going to leave the plug on the front of the trailer for looks, and add anther civil plug under the side of the trailer so that way I can redo the hole electrical inside the trailer for a 60amp panel, with two different main shut offs for the 60amp panel. One being feed by my little 5500 watt gen while traveling then the other for a land or a larger gen set unit like your's, so I can put a small mini fridge in the trailer to keep the cold items cold as well as power the A.C. unit to keep the trailer cool while in transit. Just post up a picture of your civil splitter box when you have it all made up or bought.

andytk5

Well I am hoping to pick one up but I'd like to know what the Lynette bolt setup looks like and just some overall pics of the outside. I've been cruisin through the TMs trying to get more familiar with your exact setup.

Congrats by the way!

212sparky

It is on the m200a trailer. It has 2 air lines for the brakes. I will get a bunch of pictures. I have made some changes to mine to make it easier for what I use it for but the base unit is unchanged. They are great machines and dont regret getting it.

andytk5

Glad to hear it. Really looking forward to getting one on a trailer since I have no way to lift that amount, yet..:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks