• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the "shed of dreams"

JeepMan

The link says they're jeeps from Greece. As another poster says, they're in northren Europe somewhere. They have sold some.
Before Sarafans moved south they imported some M-38's from Greece. They were pretty rough though all needing restoration.

Gordon_M

Greek army

Those were all Greek army jeeps.

All originals, no postwar stuff at all that I know of. They were sold off years ago in one lot, and went to Belgium or Holland where one dealer just stacked them in racks like that - hence the impressive photographs.

At that time, maybe five or seven years back, they were for sale at about $7500 equivalent each I think. By now they have probably all been sold and are running around the streets of Europe on a daily basis.

Gordon_M

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They must not sell them very often, too much stuff in front of the racks. I could see it now-

"jeep, $500. Moving the tank and such out of the way for the forktruck, $37,000"

JeepMan

Just think of the thousands of jeeps of all models that have been sold by surplus dealers especially in Europe!! Maybe thats why they're so plentiful in England.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So plentiful in England because a lot of them never came home after the war. It was cheaper to leave them there than to put on the ships to send back to USA.

Not to mention, Hotchkiss built thousands of Willys MB-style jeeps for the French military, used well into the 1980s. There are still warehouses over there full of French-built parts for these jeeps, and the parts are pretty much identical to USA-made parts. Willys-style jeeps are common in most of Western Europe.

You know all of us hope to one day stumble upon something like this that nobody knows about. I got close one time; there was suposedly a "military bunker" on my parents ranch, and when I went to investigate, excited at maybe finding a tank, or a Howitzer, or a Jeep, all I found was a 20'x20' chain link fence with a sign saying "US Govt, Keep Out", a burnt down shed, and a rusty radio tower. It was just an old repeater station :cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks