• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The side window locking "hook" is loose - How to tighten the side window locking mechanism again? M1009. - solved

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
On the front left corner window, the locking "hook" is loose. Can someone link the description here or link a thread here that explains how to install and remove this?

I assume that this is possible, but I do not know exactly how.

Best regards

Elektroman99
I would like to suggest that you might get better results if you actually upload the pictures in the post.

Tim

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Great!! Thank You.

Looking at the picture, that little button should "pop out" How loose is the vent window handle? Wondering if one of the spring washers or little nylon pieces have deteriorated?

1681317553225.png

I found a YouTube video that might be useful.

I am still poking around for the TM pages that may or may not talk about this particular problem. :-(

Elektroman99

OK, thanks for the video.

So described in your own words, the 1mm pin holds the inner hook and a screw inside the inner part holds the cap on the outside. Thus, if the screw becomes loose, it looks like mine.

Thus:
1. Stifft beat out without bringing the Plexiglas to break.
2. everything demonteren, clean and grease.
3. reassemble and reinsert pin at the end to lock.

Thanks

explained and answered ✅

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK, thanks for the video.

So described in your own words, the 1mm pin holds the inner hook and a screw inside the inner part holds the cap on the outside. Thus, if the screw becomes loose, it looks like mine.

Thus:
1. Stifft beat out without bringing the Plexiglas to break.
2. everything demonteren, clean and grease.
3. reassemble and reinsert pin at the end to lock.

Thanks

explained and answered ✅
That's great! Glad to hear that you were able to get the problem resolved with the dribble of information that I could find. AND, an extra thanks for your followup with a post saying so.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks