• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The site keeps logging me out

rustystud

Does anyone else have this problem. Your typing a message to someone here and this site logs you out and you lose the whole message you just typed ? This has been happening to me for the last 2 weeks now. It just happened now as I was typing a long Personal message to someone here. It took me over 20 minutes to write it as I don't type I finger peck. This site has to be the most buggy site I have ever been on !

bchauvette

When I have a long message I type it off line in something like MS Word then cut and paste it into the PM or posting. I'm thinking the system sees your typing as idle time and you timeout. I put the title in there also so it spell checks that as well as the rest of the stuff. This also helps if you want to type your rerspond in more than on session.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you log in make sure you check the "remember me" box next to the log in box. Without that the system will log you out after a few minutes of inactivity. Typing does not count as activity.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The site isn't what's logging you out, it's actually your local PC. That check mark is telling your PC to retain a cookie to keep you logged into the site. (Well really it's to pass your login credentials automatically after you've hit the inactivity mark) If you're still having problems after logging back in and checking the box, delete cookies from your browser and log back in again. That should correct the matter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks