• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The soon-to-be 1008 3+3.

Opie

Mr. Backman, Mr. Backman?
(I'm raising my hand and sitting patiently at my elementary school desk.)

:jumpin:

(Well, patiently for someone young at heart...)

What exactly does 3+3 MEAN?

Now can I go to the bathroom?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what Chevrolet called their crewcab at that time. Also had a bonus cab which was the same truck, sans back seat. They even have a little 3+3 emblem on the cab aft the rear door. He Brent, did you fire that thing before you bought it? Texas + no a/c = misery. I had an 88 V-3500 3+3 without a/c. Had an add on a/c done by a local a/c company. Just under $1500 and kept the truck plenty cool, unfortunatlly the blower was in the cab and it sounded like a A-10 Warthog taking off.

Desert Rat

Guys,
She has A/C. She's a 3+3 which means she has four doors. Yes there's a 3+3 emblem behind both rear doors. Dual fuel tanks and gauges in the dash are the only other options. I'll have more pics soon.

mangus580

DR's pics

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice, its got that aftermarket A-10 air conditioning. Looks pretty good there DR. I pity the one tasked with converting that to 4x4. Curses if you bid the job, blessings if you're charging by the hour. Remember I said so!

Desert Rat

Kenny,
What if I'm doing the work? Curse or blessing or do I want to know? BTW, is the A-10 an easy system to fix and get working again?

Thanks RDD!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not hard work, just tedious. Seems to keep taking forever. That system for the a/c is very basic. You should have no problem figuring it out. Check the vehicle thoroughly for papers and stickers under the hood. You should find someting somewhere indicating what parts were used.

Desert Rat

Kenny,

The truck came with ALL the paperwork from the time the USAF took it with 10 miles on the odometer. Ken here and I are going over the paperwork this weekend. I'm sure the parts will be listed in the invoices.

Adamlee

Brent's 3+3 chevy

Hey, Brent...what's the current state of your crewcab?

Running biodiesel? A/C working good? Is it 4x4 yet?

(are we there yet?)

Adam

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks