• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Steel Soldiers 1st Annual Fund Drive Benefiting Our Wounded Veterans

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone!!

I have been working on a fundraising event behind the scenes for the last month now. The Steel Soldiers family has a ton of great members and it is time we start doing more things to support our veterans and active and retired service members. To that end, I have created an annual fundraising event that will take place during the months of November and/or December.

This year's event is called The Steel Soldiers 1st Annual Fund Drive Benefiting Our Wounded Veterans and I have paired us up with the Wounded Warrior Project. The WWP is a great organization that supports our wounded veterans and you can read more here: Home - Wounded Warrior Project I submitted an application the other day to make Steel Soldiers a Proud Supporter of the WWP. The application for our annual event was accepted so SS is now an official Proud Supporter. I know the WWP will have a special place in the hearts of many of our combat veteran members. You guys know first hand how devastating combat can be to your mental and physical health. We thank you, we love you and now we will help support you and others like you!

I set the goal for this year's fund drive at $20,000. According to our site statistics, we have over 30,000 members. I understand all of those members aren't active, but if just 1/3 of them donate $2, we will meet our goal. I know many of you will donate a lot more than that to this great cause so we may just blow that goal out of the water!! The WWP is a non-profit entity so every donor will get a receipt that can be used for getting a tax deduction.

Please visit our Steel Soldiers Donor Page on the WWP website: https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/individual-fundraising/SteelSoldiers/

I kicked things off with a $100 donation to put my money where my mouth is plus the $99 application fee. Now, let's see who can top that!

Bonus: The WWP is sending me some stickers, magnets and pins as part of our Proud Supporter kit. I will be sending those along to Gary Berg aka Polverone at Left Coast Designs to send out to donors. Gary was nice enough to donate some of his time, materials and decal expertise to our fund raising project. Gary is going to help me create an official SS Donor sticker that will go out to all of the SS/WWP donors. Please take a moment to thanks Gary for his help and patriotism. Also, please use Gary for any of your decal needs as a way to say thanks!

Special Bonus: The first 5 donors who donate $200 or more will get an official issue pin-up book that were given to me buy a OIF vet. They are tastefully done remakes of 1940's pin-ups that kept our WW2 troops a little less homesick. I'll post a pic when I get a free minute at home.

Now, let's meet and beat that $20,000 goal! Please feel free to invite your friends, family, Facebook friends, whoever to donate too!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice work gentlemen!! Thanks for supporting this effort![thumbzup]

Looks like 11Echo and M1075 will be getting a pin-up book! The rest of you guys better move fast. I may have to round up some more special gifts. Hmmm.... what to get?

3dAngus

The Paypal account system is set up where you can make a gift payment and there are no fees. There is probably no better or easier way to make a payment then paypal. I did not see it set up on their site.

It would behoove them to set one up. They would bring in a great deal more funding. Good luck. I will make a donation either way in the next few days. Thanks.

Also, as a side note, the "money raised" counter does not seem to be tabulating the sum total correctly.

Last edited:

rednckii

Consider it done just did my part and always do when i see these guys. They have a great foundation and i love the deuce they use around my parts for there local demonstrations.

peecook

our company just did the Tough Mudder event which supports the WWP. we got to learn a little more about specifics they do. we were able to raise quite a bit of money. unbelievable work/support they do for those guys.

Chris, for the next round, check out Fisher House. another vet supporting group that helps with the family's support.

great job taking the lead on getting this on our minds.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Is there a address for those who do not have PP or CC, so a MO or a check can be sent, as long as thay get it and SS gets credit, don't care if my name shows or not,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks