• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Steel Soldiers Community....

WTF D00D

I have only been here on this board a short time, 10 year Navy vet who works at a VA Hospital now.

But I have to say what an amazing group of folks you have here. Every question I ask is answered quickly, people offer up parts like nothing when someone is in a bind etc etc. I have always missed the "Brothers" type feeling I got from my relationships with friends in the military and man I sure did find it right here.

Just a great group of people, glad I found you folks and really looking forward to forming relationships here and really hope I can help others in the future like a few of you folks have helped me....props out to "Jones", "Gimpyrobb" and "Doghead" for helping out and just being awesome in general.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you feel that way. I have felt that way for a long time with this group. There are some crazy uncles on here that will be bitter and unpleased no matter what the site does as a whole but in general, not a better bunch of folks. You should try a rally some time, even better in person.

WTF D00D

Since I'm in Florida I'm already making plans for the next Steel Soldiers Rally in Florida...

I have met Chris, a guy from Seminole Fl who owns a body shop in person, I think he is a member here, he has several deuces. I'll ask him about it next time I stop by his shop...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have only been here on this board a short time, 10 year Navy vet who works at a VA Hospital now.
But I have to say what an amazing group of folks you have here. Every question I ask is answered quickly, people offer up parts like nothing when someone is in a bind etc etc. I have always missed the "Brothers" type feeling I got from my relationships with friends in the military and man I sure did find it right here.
Just a great group of people, glad I found you folks and really looking forward to forming relationships here and really hope I can help others in the future like a few of you folks have helped me....props out to "Jones", "Gimpyrobb" and "Doghead" for helping out and just being awesome in general.
Thank you your service and for continuing to help our Veterans at the VA Hospital.:D

Also...welcome to the site.:D:D

3dAngus

Definitely a great group of guys, and brothers like you say. We're all a bunch of big boys with our toys and NO political agenda, which is absolutely the best thing of all about this site and the guys here. Also, you DO NOT need to be in the service prior, to be outstanding member. So there is nothing about this site that is military like outside of the former military vehicles which are our toys. It's another reason which I also love about it, in spite of the fact that many among us are ardent supporters of the troops overseas.

ShimShon

I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time and recently joined as a newbie from the Netherlands, but I can only agree with "WTF D00D". You guys are just great and very helpful.

There's some kind of comradeship amongst (and forum) Dodge (M880) owners overhere, but it's not a big community. But of course, we don't have an United States of Europe (yet).

Last edited:

gunboy1656

Think one of the reasons you get a similar brotherhood like you had/have in the military is there are a Lot of us who are either still in the service or were in at some point.

Glad to see your still helping to deal with service members even after being out. Most I can do anymore is haul Vietnam Veterans in the local parades. It is not a lot but they do enjoy seeing my toys (deuce and mule) show up.

Flyingvan911

Steel Soldiers is a great place/site. It has tons of info and everyone tries hard to contribute in any way they can. It's the bond of knowing that we have a great privilage in owning our MV's.

RetiredNavy

what was your rate when active? Mine was an Aviation Boatswains Mate (H) (Flight Deck)
What do you do at the VA? BTW, welcome aboard shipmate!

Last edited by a moderator:

WTF D00D

Was an Illustrator/Draftsman...do the same thing for the VA now with Photography added to it. Basically I design medical posters, advertisements and do patient and event photography.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks