• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Tongue Retainer?

TheYETI

Can someone help me identify the part in the image I am pointing to? I need 2. I only have 1 on each side of my trailer and I want to add another but I don't know what to call it. They are a small D with a bolt on the back side that is attached with a nut from the back side of the frame cross-member.

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 3.20.33 PM.png

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part 7339360 nsn 5306007337360

Check out and posted here on SS TM 9-2330-202-14P

Post pics of your set up and odd they are missing/broken.

Was the trailer used for dumping as some will pull the bolt and back it up but it stress the rear casting where it pivots and will crack as not designed for this which is unobtainable gold. maybe they removed it to make it easier to align the bolt if something is tweaked?

TheYETI

Part 7339360 nsn 5306007337360

Check out and posted here on SS TM 9-2330-202-14P

Post pics of your set up and odd they are missing/broken.

Was the trailer used for dumping as some will pull the bolt and back it up but it stress the rear casting where it pivots and will crack as not designed for this which is unobtainable gold. maybe they removed it to make it easier to align the bolt if something is tweaked?
The previous owner tried to make a dump trailer out of it. It sat in a field for many years. The frame is in good condition just missing those 2 pieces. The axle was ruined when the PO ran it with a bad bearing and it marred the spindle pretty bad so I am using the frame with some different suspension. The flatbed was removed so it's just the frame at this point. Thanks for the info. I am soft of bastardizing the trailer to pull behind my landcruiser for camping. Will have a shell added and probably a roof top tent at some point. Used a vintage toyota truck bed to match the cruiser. Probably considered a bit sacrilegious on this forum.

1675810537092.jpeg

TheYETI

Looks good to me and all the best with your build. Do you have any of the parts left you took off?
Thank you. The trailer was not a roller when I got it. It had to be trailered to my shop. I mainly just had the frame. It had a hacked-up surge brake on the tongue. I still have those parts but they are cut up. All the lights were already gone. The flat bed was also gone. The person I bought it from got it to remove the bed that was from an M101. He was building a bobbed Deuce. I do have the drop leg from the front minus the handle. Wheels were missing and axle was ruined. I do have the original shocks but they are worn out.

Last edited:

TheYETI

Sent you a message as I am interested in some of your tidbits :)
What are you looking for? Also where are you located? Shipping will likely be pretty expensive. I did find the hold Lunette ring as well BTW. I can snap some pictures of anything you are interested in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks