• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The two oldest boys bought their first deuce!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
It was probably much like my experience when I slammed the brakes on in my Suburban and the pedal went soft very soon after. A small pin hole of rust origin popped open and sprayed brake fluid all over the rear underbody. I bought new lines and replaced them. Had to use a vacume break device to get all the air out cheap enough to fix and good to know the lines are new now.

bkortman

Yes, we broke the main steel line that runs from under the cab to the center of the rear axels. We tried to patch in one of the rubber coated lines of the rear axels but it would not work. We were forced to clamp down the line and run the rest of the way home on just front brakes. Do you all suggest somewhere special that I should go for replacement parts? Can I just get the parts from any Auto/Truck parts store?

Pinkie

Congrats on the pruchase, we are about to get a 2nd one and its the same feeling all over again! You can not legally have this much fun without green iron!

Capt.Marion

9 Children? You can start running a family bus service now, or, err... your sons, that is. That, sir, is a fine lookin' truck. enjoy it!

(I was bitten by the deuce bug, but I got my M37, and now a deuce doesn't seem too great, for a while at least)

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Everytime I read your title I can't help thinking about how much extra liability insurance I would buy with two boys driving. These deuces are like battering rams on wheels. At least they won't be doing much speeding. Nice truck.

bkortman

I figure that if they are involved in an accident (both boys are very, very good drivers) they will survive it and I pity anyone that hits them. Their other truck is a Yellow Land Rover Discovery XD, another high visibility truck. You are right....I do not need to worry about them speeding!

patch

Great lookin truck, I'm sure the boys will have a terrific time with it. Seems like we got an awful lot of SS members there in Michigan!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks