• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Value Of This Site...

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Until today I've been pulling my hair out trying to find the source of an electrical problem. My left turn signal worked fine until I turned the headlights on, then it stopped flashing and the lamps didn't work (headlamps did though). Checked everything, flashers, fuses, bulbs, headlight switch, you name it. I knew it had to be a grounding issue but couldn't find it anywhere! Then as I was scouring the CUCV forum, I read a thread about that mentioned the lamp sockets having bad grounds. I had already looked at the sockets and they looked clean and fine. What I didn't do was check continuity. Well, the ground strap on the socket was cracked and wasn't making contact. I replaced the socket this morning and now everything works fine.
Had I not read that thread I would soon be bald!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
This is the best site on the web for us who like old iron. So many great folks here and a wealth of knowledge. I know I have had many great opportunities to be helped by Steel Soldiers and I sure hope I can be and continue to be a help to others.

A great big thanks to Chris, Mike, Kenny and the other mods who make this possible.