• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The word from the shop......

Hal O'Peridol

The word from the shop......it's the front axle not the rear

The rear axle and diff are fine. They checked and adjusted the rear brakes and e-brake cable.

Apparently the problem is in the front axle. Bearings on both sides are no good, and they said the brakes, rotors and calipers also need to be replaced.

Got a list of prices from NAPA, looks to be about 350 dollars in parts for all. I will check the existing parts out before I get the new ones though..

Anyone here rebuild their front axle yet? any hints and hidden dangers, rocks and shoals?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this about a thread that already exists? Why not continue it?

Hal O'Peridol

Is this about a thread that already exists? Why not continue it?
Mainly 'cause it ain't about the rear end anymore? :-D

.......cleaned up the title a little bit, hope it's clearer.

Now I would like advice on the opposite side of the drivetrain, so thought a different thread would be better.

Or is that what I get for thinkin'??:doh:

Please don't tell my wife I've been thinking again, supposed to be bad for my liver!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks