• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thermal board

Beanerboy

Morning gentlemen, I am working on 85 blazer with 6.2. The thermal board on the truck broke. I’ve been to Autozone, Napa and Oreilly’s and no can find this item. My question is, what purpose does this board have. One wire connects both side together. One side get power straight from the battery and the one that ties them to Govea power to both sides at the same time. Would it be a easier to just bolt them together in a similar way and wrap it up so it doesn’t ark out on the fire wall?

cucvrus

If you want to keep it stock and simple just replace the ballasts on the firewall. I read one time where it was an excellent design and after 35 years I still am convinced the system works. If its broke replace the broken parts and drive on. No need to redesign the system. It worked this long and that is a long time. I have a few of them ballasts in stock. Good Luck. Be Safe.

Beanerboy

Morning, you look new around here, welcome aboard.

Pictures of said thermal board? I've not heard of anything called that on a CUCV.
Yes, they are on the CUCV’s. I work on a government installation. These are our “rentals” to transport me and my crew in and out of the box.

Beanerboy

Cool! Yes, I need one but I work for a government contractor. The purchasing is different then other places. If I was to inform one of the auto parts stores of that name, would they be able to find it. This what I have to go off of per the TM. Number 7. I found it on EBay but the company can not buy from there.

Attachments

Beanerboy

If you want to keep it stock and simple just replace the ballasts on the firewall. I read one time where it was an excellent design and after 35 years I still am convinced the system works. If its broke replace the broken parts and drive on. No need to redesign the system. It worked this long and that is a long time. I have a few of them ballasts in stock. Good Luck. Be Safe.
I can’t just replace what’s broken. It is no good to reuse in any condition!!

Attachments

joshuak

... I am working on 85 blazer with 6.2. The thermal board on the truck broke...

Morning, you look new around here, welcome aboard.

Pictures of said thermal board? I've not heard of anything called that on a CUCV.

Yes, they are on the CUCV’s. I work on a government installation. These are our “rentals” to transport me and my crew in and out of the box.

Terminal board yes, thermal board no. lol.

Sounds like your on the right track, good luck.

cucvrus

Cool! Yes, I need one but I work for a government contractor. The purchasing is different then other places. If I was to inform one of the auto parts stores of that name, would they be able to find it. This what I have to go off of per the TM. Number 7. I found it on EBay but the company can not buy from there.
Its a freebie. it really has no value to me. Give me an address.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a field expedient repair, couldn't he just put all the wires on the one remaining stud?

Or does that piece of metal connecting the two sides serve as a fusible link?

Beanerboy

Solid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE
As a field expedient repair, couldn't he just put all the wires on the one remaining stud?

Or does that piece of metal connecting the two sides serve as a fusible link?
That is what I was thinking but the studs are of different diameter! Not sure of the metal piece is a fusible link or not! I don’t want to fry any wiring!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks