• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thermal board

Beanerboy

After seeing those photos I think "just to be safe" you need to totally scrap that CUCV. There is just no repairing that thermal board.
I wish I could trash the damn truck but it is still company property. I have to retract the statement of not reusing that board. After some hard thinking and what if possibilities I came to a conclusion. As you can see, I bolted together the wires in the left side (facing the vehicle), the side that I had to break off. One wire had a piece that connected to both bolts at the same time. I bolt together that end with the other wires and then the stud that was still good on the board I reconnected the wires to it and remounted the board. The vehicle is running and completely operational. It is still cracked where the I broke out the stud but it will keep the wires from arching out on the fire wall.

Attachments

48cj2a

Never understood why GM used that two stud terminal block even on the Civilian trucks.

Gm cars of that era don't have them

Beanerboy

Never understood why GM used that two stud terminal block even on the Civilian trucks.

Gm cars of that era don't have them
Not sure either, but whatever! I worked with what I had. If I didn’t have those pieces I would just put two bolts that fit the wiring eyelets and electrical tape them so they wouldn’t arch out on the firewall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks