• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thermostat housing bolt size?

Mudstone

Anyone know the thermostat cover bolt size and threads? i busted mine need to insert a helicoil and get new bolts. any info would be greatly appreciated

Mudstone

i found out it's an M10x1.5 bought the helicoil kit today and pulled the top bolt. Bottom bolt is trashed and i'm kinda in a bad way.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
fwiw, I think you would have been better off posting this question in your ongoing thread(rather than start a thread for this)

I have to to correct my last statement. The bolt size is M10 X 1.25, which is a standard metric sice. The US bolt head is 15 mm which is very simmelar to 9/16 inch depending on the toleracnes of the tools. We in Europe replace the Detroit Diesel-bolts as far as possible by standard metric nuts and bolts. Its a Detroit Diesel engine, not a GM Engine. Sometime the space available does not allow that.
The 6.2 l Diesel is the first full metric engine built in the US!
Greetings from a Mitsubishi-owner!
Wolf