• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

They stole my air dryer!

Hawssie

So I took delivery of a M931A2 today. It came from Fontana, and at pick up my trucker guy Robert mentioned that the air dryer was gone and that he had to bypass it to get it up on the trailer. Anyways so its gone. I took a quick look at where it was originally installed and it seems that it had one electrical plug and three air lines going to it. Right now he just hooked up the two larger air lines together to get it to hold air. My question is should I start looking for an original replacement or are air dryers pretty much universal? I guess it would have to be 24 volt though. I do know they are an add on to these trucks for convenience of not having to drain the tanks daily, but they seem to make sense to have. I really don't know much about how these suckers work or what the electrical wire is for.

Last edited by a moderator:

MtnSnow

The electrical is for the heating element to help in cold weather operation. The dryer is needed big time for the CTIS

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not a convenience, they are required(ctis).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was it there when you previewed the truck?

How long between preview, auction and pickup?

goodguyzy

Fontana is wide open. My buddy just picked up a m105 and said that someone tried to steal his trailer. Ill get more details on this story later.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the OP never responded my GUESS is it was never inspected .
Since the OP hasn't been online since his original post, my GUESS is that he hasn't seen DH's question. :lol:

Edit - OOPS, the OP has been online, but still not responding to DH :oops:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks