• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Things to keep as spares in a daily driven hmmwv

2wheels70

Broke an interior door handle
Obvious pain in the ass if not for a bungie cord that happened to be in the bed
My first order of business after ordering a pair of replacement handles is to figure out what failures these have frequently and or that could be a major inconvenience since much is proprietary

Mind you I'm looking at things like the door handles and fuel tank drain plug,engine belts etc
Anyone have anything to add?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Half Shaft axles. I've thought about doing the front diff centering mod so I only need to carry one. But I haven't yet.

Action

Did you forget how the handle works and yank on it to open the door? just kidding. If you didn't have the bungee, you could just take the door off and put in the back.

"daily driver" seems to mean just running around town. I personally wouldn't carry anything major. You can just have someone get the stuff from your garage and bring to you.

2wheels70

I've put 3000 trouble free miles on mine but I do check it over fairly regularly as I build Transmissions and proactive is much better than reactive 😉
Most of these people must have gotten some turds lol

Dock Rocker

If it’s a daily you probably want be far from home. I would put the basics. Jack, spare, lug wrench. I would also keep a few hand tools and some duct tape. Two sets of long jumper cables. Just in case you have to get jumped off by two 12V batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk